Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello ;)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jimmsta

jimmsta

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:07 PM

Hello there, I'm jimmsta. I lurk these forums from time to time, looking for solutions to problems that I encounter on a daily basis, working as a head computer technician in a small computer shop.

I'm the maintainer for a project known as BHT (www.bhtproject.org), which is basically an all-in-one utility cd for cleaning up spyware and virus infections on Windows systems, as well as diagnosing various other problems. I've been maintaining BHT in its current form for over 2 years now.

I also contribute a package known as the Windows 9x Power Pack, which is a collection of both official and unofficial patches for Windows 98, 98SE, and ME.

Both projects will be out with new releases by early March of this year.

As I stated above, I'm a computer tech. I take pride in my work, and knowledge. I'm about finding a solution to a problem, which is why I'm where I am.

Both of my projects are Freeware, based upon tools collected around the net. My releases of BHT currently have a following of over 40,000 (based on downloads alone).

BHT is what I'm most famous for around the 'net, but I'm also into gaming, and have played through the entire Half-Life series, as well as Halo. As a side note, I'm 20, going on 21 in 3 weeks. I've held off on posting here for a while now, just because I like to observe and absorb information like a sponge.

If you recognize my username, you've probably seen me at other forums, such as: somethingawful.com, msfn.org, or xbox-scene.com. As a tech, I enjoy reverse engineering things, to see how they tick. That's my nature, and why I'm here. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:10 PM

Welcome to this great user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:32 AM

Hi jimmsta,
Posted Image to Bleeping Computer!

Good to have you here! :flowers:

Sounds like you have a lot to offer, and I'm sure we're all looking forward to your contributions. :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

#4 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:29 AM

Hi and :thumbsup: to BC.
Regards,

Darthy
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates