Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Edge

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GameSky

GameSky

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:50 PM

First of all, hi all :thumbsup:

anyway, here are the situations that I currently face, and also some questions wanted to ask:-

- The area I live currently doesn't have adsl coverage, and I've applied for EDGE, the agent told me that my area have full coverage of EDGE network, for the phone, I'm currently using Nokia 6230i as the modem
- How do I know if I connected to the EDGE network, and not GPRS? My friend told me that if my download speed is lower than 15kb/s, that means I connected to GPRS, and not EDGE? For my case, I always have unstable speed, like suddenly 20kb/s, 3kb/s or sometime will be disconnected.
- Is there anyway around to improve my upload speed? I keep getting "time out" error message when I wanted to upload something, even just an image file that just 234kb in size :flowers:

Thanks in advance!
Visit My DA : CLICK!!!
Latest Deviation: Alyssa
Current Greetings: Wanted to find me? Circle a neko 7 times and I'm right behind you >_<...
Current Mood: Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:07 PM

The agent at EDGE should be able to answer all these questions. Do you know what the top speed your phone can handle?
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users