Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spydawn Removal Instructions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MESURF4

MESURF4

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:35 PM

I am a little confused by the Automated Removal Instructions for SPYDAWN posted here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81275/how-to-remove-spydawn-removal-instructions/

at the end of STEP # 8 Disk Cleanup. Its says to go to Step # 11?

Does this mean you should not complete steps 9&10 ?????

This is confusing to me or I'm reading too far into it.
Could I get some input on this

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:55 PM

Steps 9 and 10 are providing some specific information of what to do while in the process of doing disk cleanup. It is after disk clean-up is completed that you do step 11.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 vancreef

vancreef

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:53 AM

i had the spydawn virus and as a 'not so clued up user' was worried about doing the removal process, so i just did a system restore to the day before and it was sorted.

#4 Micht

Micht

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:46 PM

the removal instuctions of Spydown here on bleepingcomputer.com are realy helpful. And it is not hard to remove it manually!

Edited by Micht, 05 March 2007 - 03:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users