Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cleaning up puter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nutcracker

nutcracker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:49 PM

:flowers: I have programs in my add and delete program that i don't understand what the run for example ATI control panel and auto desk map guide. How do i check these and other programs list in they out to see if i can delete them. Also i have 4 tool bar showing is it ok to get rid of all of these tool bars. One more thing my computer is take a longer time (than it use to) at starting up how do i clean this up so i will have a shorter start up. Hope iam not being confussing :thumbsup:.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2005 - 03:44 PM

Hi nutcracker, :flowers: to BC. No your comment about having 4 toolbars and slow startups make your situation perfectly clear. I would advise you to go this post; http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/956/how-to-submit-a-hijackthis-log/ and follow the instructions on how to post a hijackthis this log so you can get some help from the folks who help people clean up their computers for a living. :thumbsup:

Do not try to clean up anything with hijackthis unless someone tells you to.
There is no justice, there is just us.

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 06 January 2005 - 08:15 PM

Welcome to BC from me too!

Hope you enjoy your stay!

#4 touse

touse

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:40 AM

Hi, nutcracker. Cleaning can be the pits, can't it? But if you get yourself some help and put on a Tchaikovsky cd you'll notice the nut is a bit less hard to crack than you originally thought.

I'm talking gibberish, aren't I?

Just to bid you welcome and to say you'll be offered the necessary help by these kind and knowledgeable people.

touse

Ps If we ever get on first name basis, will I get to call you nut? :thumbsup:

Edited by touse, 08 January 2005 - 07:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users