Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limited or no connectivity

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Birdy3_uk

Birdy3_uk

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:20 PM

I am trying to connect my playstation 2 up to the internet to allow network gaming. My ADSL (Speedtouch) modem is a USB modem and thereofre is not directly compatible with my PS2. I therfore decided to buy an ADSL Modem/Router to enable me too. I brought a Sitecom home ADSL Station (Im regretting that decision I think). I set it up as per the instructions, but it needs me to run some program to set up the modem/router to connect with my ISP (Tiscali).
I figured I needed to do this before connecting it with my PS2 to allow my PS2 TO USE MY isp for its connection down my phone line. Also due to the layout of my house I am not able to connect the router to both my PS2 and computer at the same time (I merely needed the modem/router to allow me to use ethernet connectivity to my PS2) but I dont this will be a problem once my modem is configured.

I brought a PCI card to allow me to plug my modem/router into my PC in order to program it for use with my isp.

But...here comes the problem...... I keep getting "This has limited or no connectivity..... blah blah" error apperaing above my PCI card symbol? and therefore the program I need to run to program my modem/router cant "talk to" the router so cant work. My PCI card is connected to my router via a straightrough cable as instructed. and has the most updated drivers available.

Any help would be great. I really just want my ps2 working, I can use my old usb modem to connect to the net when I want to.

Sorry its so long just wanted to set the scene.

Thanks, Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Birdy3_uk

Birdy3_uk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:33 PM

Yeh by the way the PCI card I installed to connect my 'puter to my adsl modem/router is

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Is that a PCI card....Will this work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users