Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Full Version Home Premium Install On Laptop Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 daffsbro

daffsbro

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:26 AM

Hello, I Have a HP Pavilion Ze4900 1.3GHz Intel M CPU, 1gig Ram I installed Vista every thing works fine
a Little slow I know i need another Gig of Ram but I have one Problem, Dose any one know how I can turn the TAP CLICK to OFF I do not like it, it gets in the way and i click things i dont mean to. on XP there used to be a pointer device in the toolbar i could right click not any more. Any Advise?

Thank you :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 daffsbro

daffsbro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:07 PM

Hello, I Have a HP Pavilion Ze4900 1.3GHz Intel M CPU, 1gig Ram I installed Vista every thing works fine
a Little slow I know i need another Gig of Ram but I have one Problem, Dose any one know how I can turn the TAP CLICK to OFF I do not like it, it gets in the way and i click things i dont mean to. on XP there used to be a pointer device in the toolbar i could right click not any more. Any Advise?

Thank you :huh:

Cant some one help?
Also it wouldnt let me Edit thats why double posty

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:38 PM

Have you installed pointer drivers for the device?
Have you checked in the mouse/touchpad applet in Control Panel?

If you haven't installed drivers for the touchpad, then it's likely that the device will be recognized as a PS2 mouse - and you won't be able to change the setting there.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 daffsbro

daffsbro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:31 PM

Yeah, I called up Windows and i was talking to this guy that i couldnt understand one bit, then when i was talking to him i thought about that and went to the website and downloaded the driver,
I think the Windows Vista Mobility Center needs a Built int button to turn of Tap Click Thanks

#5 LovingTanner

LovingTanner

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:14 AM

:huh: Hi,

was just looking through the posts and thought I would see what people were saying about Vista, don't have it yet. I have XP, been having a ton of what i thought was problems one of which is that my touch pad had stopped working and I really like using it instead of the rt. and left buttons, couldn't figure out for the life of me what was wrong and actually thought it had something to do with low memory??? I know, not the brightest in the world about computers. HAPPY TO SAY, AFTER READING THIS I did find the pointer device on the tool bar and clicked it back on......It works again!!Whew, that was lucky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users