Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Incredimail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kymmie

Kymmie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:04 AM

Hi, I want to go back to an old build of incredimail but I don't know if when I download it if it will replace what I have and mean that I will lose everything. Does anyone know please before I have to go through the process of trying to back everything up. This is something that I do not find easy with Incredimail although I love the program the back up system is not a good one.

Thanks

Kymmie :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:43 AM

I can't say whether installing over an existing version will "wipe out" your existing data, but even though I'm inclined to think it won't, it's safer to assume it will in the absence of any firm evidence to the contrary. It also doesn't help that the Incredimail website customer support is non-existent. That alone would deter me from using it. However, it's your decision.

You may find that an older version won't install over a newer version anyway (only guessing here, based on the behaviour of many other applications.

If that's the case, you'll have to uninstall the current version first.

With that in mind, I found the following information on how to back-up your existing data and restore it to the older version when it's been installed:

http://email.about.com/cs/incredimailtips/qt/et111002.htm

Hope it helps.

Pip

Edited by pip22, 28 February 2007 - 09:47 AM.

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:37 AM

I use Incredimal and if you try to go back to an earlier version I don't think you will be very successful. I never was. There is customer support for Incredimail IF you use the paid version.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users