Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mysteries Of Life

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Constantine

Constantine

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:25 AM

I am not a mystical person. I am pragmatic and sensible in most things. But I have had one "weird" experience in my life.

Many years ago, driving home from work about 3 - 4 in the morning. Not a car on the road. Just dawdling along at 60 KPH. As I approach the last traffic light before I get home it is green. Green...no cars anywhere. I am relaxed, daydreaming.

As I get closer to the traffic light I get a very bad feeling. Still not a car on the road. All seems quiet. The feeling get worse, fast.

The feeling of danger is so intense I begin to brake and as I approach the green light, I stop.

At that moment a car travelling through the interestion shoots the red light at high speed.

Stopping at the green light probably saved my life. What made me do it?

I have no idea.

Have you ever had an inexplicable event happen to you?

I would love to hear about it.
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:29 PM

Sounds familiar.

Just out of high school, a group of us went on a road trip from the Milwaukee area to New Orleans.

On the way back, we had part of the exhaust system of the car drop down and start dragging. We stopped at an all-night gas station to try and get it fixed.

They did not have anyone there to fix it, but they did allow us to borrow a hydralic jack. Rolled it under the differential and lifted the back end of the car. I crawled under and started to wire the exhaust system back into place.

There was another car parked behind where we were sitting. As I was working, the car behind started his engine. Now one would normally expect that other car would back up a bit and then pull out avoiding the car in front of him. For some reason, I had a bad feeling and decided I had better crawl out from under the car until the other guy left.

Sure enough, just as i crawled out from under, the guy in the car behind drove right into our car, knocking it off the jack. If I had not removed myself from underneath, it would have fallen on me.

Edited by ddeerrff, 27 February 2007 - 12:31 PM.

Derfram
~~~~~~

#3 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:06 PM

Not with me, but I know they exist.
One of my hobbies is the study of occultism. :thumbsup:
Regards,
Darthy
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:35 PM

I've had so many I've lost count. Here is one:

Some 20 years ago, I was on my way home following a path in the woods. The woods has a LOT of paths by the way. I got completely and utterly lost, and it was dark too. I kept turning in circles trying to figure out where I was and where I should go, and suddenly there was a cat looking at me from a short distance away. I stopped moving and looked at the cat.

Now, I had just finished reading The Chronicles of Narnia for about the 15th or so time. For those who are unfamiliar with the stories, Aslan - the creator and saviour in the stories - appears as a cat a few times in one of the volumes. One part of me was caught up in Narnia, and the other part was saying "That's just a cat, and you are being silly." The cat turned around and went down the path a few steps then turned back and looked at me some more. I took a step forward, and the cat proceeded to turn around and walk down the path again. I followed the cat quite some distance, and then it went out of sight in some bushes around a building. I looked around, recognized where I was and continued on my way home.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:09 AM

Back when I was 18, my buddy John and I were out drinking beer. We met a couple of girls who came along with us. We were on a hill near the edge of town where we could look out over the city and were laughing and drinking, just having a good time. I don't remember the exact words but John said something like Lord help me! Just joking around, one of the girls said something about Jesus not being real or something and we all just sorta clamed up. After a few minutes of silence, John decided to drive back into town, his car would not start. Not even a click when he turned the key. So 3 of us pushed him to the road and we coasted down the hill to a 7-11 or something, the place had lights. I was pretty good with cars and was going to look it over when John tried it one more time and the car fired right up. It was a Buick Electra 225, we hung out for another year or so until I went into the Navy and he never had a problem with that car starting again..

Don't know what it was, but it was weird.... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#6 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:57 AM

Some 15 yrs ago I was driving down a Suburban Street here in Sydney.Cars were parked on both sides of the Street.The houses on the Left side of the road, were higher than the Street with reasonably steep Driveways.All of a sudden something sreamed in my head,"STOP" "STOP' I stood on the Brakes and at that instant a little kid come flying across the road from out of his driveway.He was not visible till he came out from between two cars, parked.He was only a little kid laying on his stomach on a Skate Board,with his feet up in the air.He disappeared for a split second in front of my car and came out the other side.I almost had heart failure.
My wife still says today,"What made you slam on the Brakes" A voice in my head told me to.

Edited by DSTM, 28 February 2007 - 06:24 AM.

#7 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:57 PM

WOW!!! Those are alll really mad, strange too that lots of them involve incidents in cars, maybe we use some more condusive parts of the brain when we are dealing with cars, and some how are more able to pick up on things. Sometimes, but only sometimes, i can actually feel different parts of my brain working when doing different tasks....or, i "think" i can feel, he he, its just a matter of perception i guess. I LOVE the forest one Orange Blossom, that sounded like it must have felt REALLY magical!

Which experience shall i put....hmmm, this is quite an early one, ok, this is what i percieved....

I was about between 5 and 7 yrs old. I woke up in the middle of the night and went to turn my light on, it had a dangly string beside my bed, which for some reason i had once tied a plastic toy soldier to, which i always found funny even at that age he he. anyways, i went to turn the light on but before i did, a light appeared in the corner of the room adjacent to me, my older sister appeared in her nighty, the image is still vivid now...

~what happens next is gona sound soooo corny, but this is nO joke, it actually happened (i saw this) the way i tell it!~

...She held out her arm and reached out to me, pointing, it was quite a smooth and wispy movement and she said, "gO back tooo BEEEeeed" in a different sort of stereotypically drifty haunting echoey voice.

I let out a sudden shreak with shock and fright, I lept out of my bed and ran in terror to the hall in a flash!
Now, the hall was a bit of a corridor and i had always been a little frightened of some of the things that i believed to occupy the dark. So my first stop was the light switch so i could see my Dads bedroom door at the other end which always seemed like it was seperated from ours by an abyss of monster ridden blackness.

The light switch was outside my brothers bedroom half way across and my sisters bedroom was directly next to mine at the other end. So, i dashed to the light switch and went to turn it on, but the same fuzzy light had already appeared outside my fathers bedroom. It was this apparation of my sister yet again. She held out her hand a second time, and softly bellowed* "gOO back too BEEEeed!" in a voice about a tone and a half higher than the last one.

This was absolutely TERRIFYING! my safety net, my protector was unreachable, my path had been blocked, what could i do now???

You might have thought that i would have gone into my brothers room and woken him up seeing as he was right next to where i was standing but no i didnt.

I IMMEDIATELY span round and darted straight for my sisters room where i burst in ina manic panic and shook her awake in tears, crying saying "I saw you, i saw you, you were out thereee" of course it took a few minutes for her to understand what i was refering too.

This whole experience was blamed on my diabetes EVEN though when they tested my blood sugers they actually came up normal, i remember the confusion and then the "oh well" attitude to bring a veil down over the traumer.

My attitude towards it was always that it was a "weird" experience that i cannot explain...up until i lived with a friend called Brahm in my late teens. When i told the story to him, he was silent for a few seconds (felt like minutes) before exclaiming "do you not REAlise what happened?" in a quite stern but calm voice.

"You took your sister back to her body!" he said "What you were seeing was probably an astral projection".

This thought had never even crossed my mind before. It was a random topic of conversation that had led me to tell him the story. We then conspired the idea that when she said go back to bed, she was actually refering to going back to her bed but maybe needed me to take her there.

At the time i played along with this idea, mysteries are always nice and they can give you a sence of self importance. But then with Brahm, and even now in my mind i can only really accept it as a "weird" experience with no definative explanation...

Thats what i saw :flowers: :trumpet:

Nice topic Constantine :thumbsup: nn23

*the intonation of a bellow but quiet and soft sounding.

Edited by nn23, 28 February 2007 - 04:06 PM.

#8 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:43 AM

I have one about my niece and sister in law.

After my sister in law had her first child, she had problems with her pregnancies. She had a miscarriage and had became depressed. The next time she was pregnant, they didn't tell her daughter - in case of another miscarriage.

Well she did become pregnant again, and did lose the baby again. Again, they never told her three year old daughter anything. My niece gets up the next morning and tells her daddy: "My brother came to see me last night. He played with me some and then went away." (The hair is standing up on my arms!!!) Well we kinda wrote that off to a dream and smiled at the warm thought.

Again my sister in law became pregnant. They again didn't say anything to make sure if something went wrong, their daughter (age 4) wouldn't have to deal with the death. Again she miscarried... the daughter saw another brother. She spoke to them and they left.

She never knew of the pregnancies. I believe her stories.

As for my sister in law, she did end up later having a baby boy!

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#9 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:20 AM

Thought i might add my car experience which i had two christmas' ago. Its nothing life savey or preminishoney, just something we saw.

We were driving back from a christmas celebration with friends, it was a very clear night, you could see all the stars in the sky and the country road was completely clear in view. And it was just something we drove through, we both saw it, i was the first one too mention it and my friend exclaimed that she had seen it too and was just about to ignore it before i brought it up. She doesnt like "weirdness" in the sense, hasnt got time for it.

It was this ball of smoke, just a sort of whispy light grey colour and quite fluid. It was about twice the size of a football, and it was hovering...well not hovering, we were driving to quick for that term but sitting above the road surfice. What made it stand out was the fact that it was such a clear night, no clouds, no mist, so why would there be one in the road? We conspired various theories but couldnt find anything convincing enough.....errr some sort of gas pipe? that would just spout (if anything) a shoot, not a large football shaped puff, and so on.

So there we go thats another weird one, BYE :thumbsup: nn23

Edited by nn23, 05 March 2007 - 04:26 AM.

#10 Darthy

Darthy

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:35 AM

All these stories are great and weird.
nn, I think the ball of smoke was, probably, a crystallised ethereal substance that has no mass and does not occupy space in this three dimensional world.
In those kind of nights we, often, can see these kind of phenomena.
I see also, you had a contact with an astral projection of your sister. So, I think you can see with your third eye.
This kind of eye is not a physical eye, but an eye you have in your astral body. :flowers:
I think now, BC people go to start to call me crazy, we will see. :thumbsup:
Regards,
Darthy

Edited by Darthy, 07 March 2007 - 08:13 AM.

Thanks John

#11 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:52 AM

Thats cool Darthy CHEERS! :flowers: its always good to have an extra eye he he. I feel all powerful now he he. So in your profile you say your interested in that stuff, is what you said in your reply what you believe or is it just knowledge that you are offering as a "possible" explanation. I dont think you should worry about people calling you crazy, all "other worldly" things can be called crazy, i think the paranormal and psychic stuff is INCREDIBLEY interesting!! I also think that we should utilise the skills that we posess so if i do have a third eye i would be most greatful if you could give me a few tips on how i can learn to control it that would be SO cooool :thumbsup:

This has given me a little confidence to maybe write some other weird stuff a bit later maybe :inlove:

NICE ONE!!! :trumpet:

Edited by nn23, 07 March 2007 - 06:56 AM.

#12 Darthy

Darthy

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:14 AM

All we have that eye, but nor all the people has the know-how to use it.
So nn, to activate conscientiously the third eye, you must practise some kind of meditation. :thumbsup:
Here, you have one link for you to know what is the third eye and how is its functioning.
Have you heard about Transcendental Meditation? See here :flowers:
Regards,
Darthy

Edited by Darthy, 07 March 2007 - 07:56 AM.

Thanks John

#13 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:32 AM

Yeah, i kinda know bits and bobs about this stuff, and i do meditation too, but whenever i've actually gone further to activate chakras and things like that i get about half way up before i feel really....open and vulnerable and such a...weight of...i dont want to say any more for fear of sounding silly and pretentious he he i now know how you felt in the last mess...any way i then find it difficult to hold because of this so it never becomes anything other than a feeling which i then account for by disreguarding the idea that chakras were being opened.

faith is a bit of an issue with me that affects things, possibly, but being faithless i also find helps me to be unimpartial and non-judgmental which i like. I think i might experiment with this further and see what weirdness i can create for myself :flowers: NICE ONE for that Darthy :thumbsup:

#14 Darthy

Darthy

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:44 AM

Well nn, only you know what you want and what is your best way. :thumbsup:
Regards,
Darthy

Edited by Darthy, 07 March 2007 - 07:45 AM.

Thanks John

#15 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:18 AM

Hey Darthyyy :inlove:, just been off reading, VERY interesting, it fuses much of the things i have found out about on seperate occasions in my life. I have been very interested in neural psychology and although it isnt something that we have physical evidence for in science terms, i have learnt that physical science terms sometimes are not the way we should evaluate things :cool: . Do you have any Hindu beliefs? I think i might give it a go and see what happens, i know that the weird experiences i have had are real, and if they can happen then its perfectly possible for this stuff to be true! :flowers:

NICE ONE DarTHYYYY! :trumpet: :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users