Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Dont Know What It Is But Im Tired Of It

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Justin405

Justin405

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:56 AM

I got a brand new computer About 4 months old About a month ago it started acting up On random Instances. At first i thought nothing of it Then it happened again and again And sometimes it gets Worse where i cant dontrol anything. I dont know if im infected by something or if its because of Xp or if its because of Internet explorer. So i dont know if this is a right spot for it but il give it a shot anyways.
Posted Image
I downloaded a File From Www.Badgehelp.com that alot of people said had Viruses and Malware/Spyware in it That is the only thing i can think of that might of caused this Problem. Ive ran A virus scanner and Spybot s&d and Both come up with nothing. Im about to my wits end with this problem and i need some type of assurence that I can fix it ..So any help would be Greatly Appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cday

cday

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:14 AM

Try Kaspersky Antivirus OR NOD32 !!!! Its good
LEARN TO SHARE AND SHARE TO LEARN

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:33 AM

Posted Image to BC. In order to further rule out malware isues, please run online test from Microsoft(IE required). Secondly you might want to try Firefox to see whether this has anything to do with IE.

Please post back the results.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:19 AM

I Googled the site you downloaded from. The words "free" and "Cheat" appear in the links. Didn't go to the site. Those words were enough to alert to stay away!
You are infected with malware and possibly a corrupt download. Suggest you remove all that you downloaded from that site.
Follow the Directions below.
Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

Post a Hijack This log in the appropriate forum by following the directions in the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Master5270

Master5270

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:03 PM

I found this on Google

-----Here is your possible answer---
The Oscar.txt file is created during the Installation of (BADGEHELP) tools.
"Tools such as "Solo.exe".
Which is a Program to cheat on games @ pogo.com ...

Do you have BadgeHelp trainer programs?
Do you even play on Pogo.com?
Do you have the File named "Solo.exe"?
Do you have a folder named, "BadgeHelp"
Under "Program Files"...?

Have you ever gone to the website...
http://www.pogocheats.net
And downloaded the Solitare Cheat Prog?
"Solo.exe"

These questions are essential to answer and i hope you check back so we can rule this out as being a virus on our delicate systems.
This is a very rare and good question. Please confirm.

If you contain BADGEHELP or SOLO.exe
Or Oscar.txt. Delete Anything to do with POGO and above names.
And delete your Java 1_4_2_08 version, Java Web Start application)and dont use pogo.com.
Were probably being hacked when using Cheating "Aides"..

Let me know if this is the cause.
So I am aware if I am correct.

P.S. My BadgeHelp folder had same filedate and time as Oscar.txt
My BadgeHelp folder contained. "Solo.exe"

Solo.exe CODE says @ bottom.
(NUL) www.BadgeHelp.com (NUL)
(NUL) Joshua Was Here (NUL)

:flowers: Hope this helps ya. :thumbsup:

#6 Justin405

Justin405
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:53 PM

im running the windows live scan and the bitdefender right now. I dont go to that site to download stuff i got Solo but its not infected There old stuff itsnt the things with problems its there new Ones there putting out So the older auto's are fine Plus like i said i dont get my programs from that site I know better then that

#7 Justin405

Justin405
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:27 PM

Bit= nothing found Wndows scan = nothing found. I did run ad aware last night and got rid of a trojan downloader and also a MAlware file So far my computer hasnt done it since. My Avg antivirus has found nothing So i dont think its a virus. It usually only happens when i run my computer for a few days straight with no shut down and i multi tab browse.

#8 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:30 PM

1)Can you give us some computer specifications?Videocard and RAM Mo/Bo etc etc.. This looks like a problem with your video card.

2) Do you regulary clean up your temp files etc?

3) What version is your Java

Edited by fozzie, 27 February 2007 - 07:31 PM.

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:40 PM

Super Antispyware is an excellent product. If AdAware found a trojan, you need to run Super Antispyware. Run it in Safe Mode. You need to get rid of the malware first. Then if there are other issues they will be easier to deal with.

Edited by buddy215, 27 February 2007 - 07:43 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#10 jdrumfury

jdrumfury

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:56 PM

you should install mcafee siteadvisor it gives you a heads up about the sites you go to and when you search google it will put a red yellow or green icon next to safesites or sites that have had problems with viruses

#11 Justin405

Justin405
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:04 PM

a few of my computer buddies and i have pretty much decided its a bug in Ie A few of my friends have had the same problem. And badge help is a secure site there just giving out Spyware/malware with there new stuff. Plus i dont download anything from there anymore just did a while back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users