Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Bsod

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:26 PM

I had my first BSOD with Vista today. I'm not sure if it happened during a virus scan or right after when you go to see results because I was away from the computer for a few hours while it was running. Judging by the time stamp it happened about 15 minutes before I returned with would put it firmly in the report section of the virus scan. I got the error notice when I returned and I tried finding support documents but I'm a little lost. I tried opening up the minidump file in Windows debugging tool and I downloaded the 64-bit symbol package, but I'm not sure which symbol file to use as there are many contained within. Here's what I got:

Product
Windows

Problem
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
2/26/2007 8:44 PM

Status
Report Sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini022607-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 24
BCP1: 00000000001904AB
BCP2: FFFFF9801F8AACB8
BCP3: FFFFF9801F8AA690
BCP4: FFFFF980009207AA
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Server information: 7530efd7-8b2b-4108-be43-0be4346c9eb5

3939.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:07 AM

Here's a link to the STOP error code: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x24

When using the debugging tools, you don't download the symbols - you point the debugger at the symbols online.

Once you point the debugger at the symbol files, then you open the crash dump (Mini022607-01.dmp) with the debugger. It may give you more information about the error message (such as the file that the error occurred in and the memory space that was occupied when and where the error occurred.

FWIW - this error indicates a file system problem (see the link for more details). Also, this error can be caused by a virus - either by it attempting to deny access to the AV scanner, or by corrupting the file system itself.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users