Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Want To Uninstall Sonic Encoders 1.0

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gzu88bv

gzu88bv

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:46 PM

Notebook Toshiba Satellite P 100 (PSPA6E) with XP Professional, Service Pack 2, IE 7.0 and MCE Version 2002 installed.

Bought machine in November 2006 and wonder why MCE Vers. 2002 got installed instead of MCE 2005, which is the actual version.

Question 1: Can I and how is it done to uninstall MCE 2002 as a whole and maybe replace it later by the newer version? Or is it just not feasable since MCE 2002 is part of my present O/S?

Question 2: Most important I want to uninstall Sonic Encoders 1.0 from within the software panel, but when I start the process I am asked to insert Install Exec disk #1. Toshiba only furnished me 3 Recovery Disks but none of them works.

Software that asks for a CD to uninstall is anyway crap!

Many thanks to all the experts of this board.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:23 PM

First thing first. Windows XP Professional and Windows XP MCE are two entirely separate versions of Windows, so either you've got both of them installed on the same laptop (on separate partitions - dual boot), or you are a little confused and you only have one of them.

With reference to Windows XP MCE in particular, it's irrelevant which year version it is as you can update it to incorporate the new features (if any) via Windows Update. In any event, Windows XP MCE is only avilable to system builders for pre-installing on a new PC. In most places, you can't buy Windows XP MCE on it's own over the counter to install yourself, and if you could it would be a waste of your money since you already have it and the updates are free anyway.

Edited by pip22, 02 March 2007 - 02:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users