Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Router Problems I Think

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cleebt

Cleebt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:20 PM

I tried to download a file from a p2p and norton flagged it as trojan something i stopped the download and deleted the file and hoped for the best. That was almost 2 weeks ago. Now my internet will freeze but my wireless still says ive got an excellent connection. Happens on xbox360 at the same time as pc. I've tried to reset router several times and still losing connection/internet freezing every 20-30 minutes. Ive got a wgt311 netgear card and a wgt624 netgear router. The only thing i can do to re-establish connection is unplug a/c from router. Can a router catch a virus? If so wouldn't resetting it get rid of it? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:32 PM

http://kbserver.netgear.com/inquira/defaul...amp;x=0&y=0

go here, find the model of your router, download the latest firmware.dont worry about router catching a virus.
once you have the latest firmware downloaded, log into your router thrpugh your web browser, (post back if you need any help there), go to administration page and find the update firmware tab/button, whatever is mthere, and update firmware.
there is also a quick how to on the firmware download page
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 Cleebt

Cleebt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:35 PM

I've tried the automatic upgrade and it said that i didn't require it but, this time i went to the website and d/l the lasted file and upgraded it manually. Hopefully it does the trick. Thanks again.

#4 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:16 PM

np, let us know
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users