Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lcd Power Save Mode

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ccrider52

ccrider52

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:23 PM

Have an Dell L17BNS LCD monitor. Power ups ok and immediatly goes into power save mode. How do I get it out of this mode.

Thanks Chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:22 PM

Go into the control panel (Start>Settings>Control panel or Start>Control panel depending on how you have windows set up) and double click on "Power Options". A window will pop up. Click on the drop down menu (about half way down) to the left of "Turn off monitor" and select what you desire it to be at (mine is at 20 minutes so it won't burn an image into the LCD screen).

While your right there, you should go through and double check the rest of the power settings (I have mine set to "Turn off hard drives = Never" and "System standby = Never"). Again, set these to what you like.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 ccrider52

ccrider52
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:27 PM

I don't believe this is a computer setting problem as I have tried the monitor on various computers. It only stays on for about 3 seconds.

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:51 PM

Did it come with drivers for it? If so, have you installed them? You could also go to the manufacturers website and download and install the latest drivers for your monitor (I was unable to find your particular monitor on Dell.com....and couldn't find anything on it on the web :thumbsup: )

You could also try it without the drivers to see if that's the problem. Go through the settings on the monitor itself to see if there's a standby mode that needs to be deactivated.

If the monitor is under warranty, I'd call Dell support for some options, to include an RMA.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 ccrider52

ccrider52
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:23 AM

Thanks Steve, I'll give it a try. I'll hook up two monitors so I can see what I'm doing....lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users