Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Jack Splitter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:32 PM

Well this is a real simple question, but I want something that you can plug speakers into, to make it have like 2 ends coming off it (if that makes sense). What I want to do for instance, is have the same set of speakers plugged into two different computers. The computers are about 2 feet apart so it doesn't have to be real long either. I want this because I have a 2.1 sound set up on my better computer that I use mostly for games, but it goes noticeably slower while running iTunes and then sometimes the music skips. I don't plan on playing a sound from both computers at the same time either. What I'm asking is, what are these called, or can someone give me a link? I couldn't find anything on newegg, but i think that might be because I don't know what they are called. Thanks for the help!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:36 PM

It's called a "Y" splitter, and you can get them at Radio shack (I've purchased them there before to use my headphones and speakers on 1 soundcard without having to unplug the headphones to use the speakers).

Here's a little diagram...hope it helps. It should be exactly what you need, so you can take it down to the local computer store and show them what you want to do. You'll have to buy some more speaker wire (Female to Male) to run between the Y splitter and the computer(s).

On the flip side, you might get out of it cheaper if you just buy a new 2.1 set of speakers ($15 HERE from Walmart).

Hope this helps...if not then let us know!

Posted Image
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:54 PM

Thanks! Thats exactly what I needed to know!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:56 PM

Glad I could help! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users