Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fatal System Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cool_breeze

cool_breeze

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:00 PM

Please Help.
I just configured a new system based on an ASUS P4R800-V Delux MoBo, MAXTOR 120 GB SATA HD, P4 3.2G processor, 1GB of Ultra 512MB PC3200 DDR 400 ram, Plextor internal DVD burner. The initial load of XP PRO Service Pack 1a completed without issues.
Next, I installed Windows component IIS with the FTP option selected. Nothing else. Upon reboot, just after standard BIOS initialization messages and just after the start of loading XP, I got the following message:
STOP:C000021A {Fatal System Error}
The session manager initialization process terminated unexpectedly with a status of oxc0000022 ( 0x00000000 0x00000000 )
At first it was very difficult to see and detect because the message only appears for a brief instance, then the system automatically reboots.
This sequence of events repeats over and over (message, reboot, message, reboot….) without intervention.
I reloaded the OS and repeated the IIS/FTP install (several times). Each time to the same result as stated above.
At first , I thought it was a MoBo problem. So I purchase a ASUS P4P800E Delux and installed a Gforce FX5200 graphics card. Same Bad Results!
Why does installing IIS and FTP services have this effect? I have successfully built other systems and installed these services without this error condition. Any suggestions?
Thanks, in advance, for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:10 PM

a similar problem posted here.
coolbreeeze, (the fog's lifting) I think you need system drivers installed before you try to load anything else.
Run this program to find the appropriate online links if you don't have a driver CD.
Even if you do, it might help to investigate updated ones. www.snapfiles.com/get/everest.html
If nothing else it'll confirm what your new system "looks" like in great detail.

Please post again, as others may have a better handle on your exact dilemma.
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users