Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Auto Preview

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 625 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:01 PM

I used to have auto preview on my outlook where all of my e-mails would be on the top half of the screen and the bottom half would be a preview of the email that I have hilighted. But when I click something and now I dont have that auto preview. How do I get that back?

Edited by chugg, 26 February 2007 - 12:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:29 PM

Ig you select View in the main menu you can choose the way it looks.

#3 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 625 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:55 PM

I tried that it dont come back teh way I had it.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:06 PM

Hi chugg,
Things in your OS may not operate normally while you are in the process of receiving help with your Hijack Log.
Please refrain from making any changes or adding any programs until the Hijack Team member gives you the go ahead. :thumbsup:
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 625 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:16 PM

Ok will do. But actually all I was trying to do was change the view on my outlook like it was before I clicked the wrong button yesterday. Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

#6 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 625 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:14 PM

Ok guys this is killing me business wise. Let me try to explain better what I am trying to do here. I get roughly 75 emails every day for business. Alot of the emails are mortgage rate sheets and things that I do not need and they need to be deleted. I use to have it set up so that when you open outlook the list of emails are on the top half by subject like only and on the bottom half without opening the email up you can read most of the email that you have hilighted. One day I double clicked something by accident and that preview section just went away. There is a way that I set it so I can preview some of the email right underneath the subject line but I am not used to this and dont like it. I manage roughly 20 million dollars in my pipeline at one time and this is killing me. I cant keep up with the business like I use to without this. I have to somehow figure out how to get this preview on the bottom half of the screen back. Can someone please help?

#7 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:25 PM

I think I understand what you mean chugg.

Try pointing your cursor somewhere along the bottom line of the Subject box and hold it until it turns into a double sided arrow.
Hold a left click on your mouse and see if you can drag the window up so it shows the Preview Pane.
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#8 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 625 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:31 PM

You do understand excactly what I mean. I tried what you said and I cant get the arrow to go doublesided.

#9 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 625 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:04 AM

I figured it out! I just had to show more buttons and then I pushed one and it was back to normal. Thanks so much for your help.

#10 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:09 AM

Glad you got your preview pane back! :thumbsup:
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner