Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia Driver Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rani9

rani9

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:48 AM

I wasn't sure where to put this post. Hope this is OK.

I'm a stickler for completely uninstalling any program I'm not using, and also uninstalling completely anything I want to upgrade. Problem: When I uninstall an nvidia driver, my mouse simply disappears, and I can't do anything other than a "Last Known Good Configuration."

Thus, I've done the unthinkable: I've installed Nvidia drivers over old ones. Now, I'm having some problems that may related to these drivers. Can anyone tell me how to install a new Nvidia driver when I have no mouse to work with? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Oh, here are my specs: Dell Dimension 8200 running Windows XP, SP2 and all post-SP2 updates. Phoenix BIOS; Pentium 4 processor, 2000 Mhz; 1702 FP LCD; Brother aio; and I hope I haven't forgotten too much.

This system has worked extremely well for almost five years, and I have every reason to think there's a lot of life in it yet. But I sure would like to do a complete uninstall of old Nvidia drivers, and then install just one. Thanks for any help you can give me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:36 PM

Uhm...pray that your homepage doesn't have as many links as I do cause it makes it really long to do the first part even lol

Press windows key should have the windows logo on it you'll see it right away between ctrl and alt on the left

use your arrow keys to go to internet explorer, or firefox or whatever you use press enter

tab till you hit the address bar

type in www.nvidia.com

tab till you see a square grey lined box over download drivers

tab till you see an outline over the graphics driver tab over to wahtever you have tab over to windows xp/2000 and tab to ok adn press enter, Then its just the matter of..tabbing to the download link and hitting enter and hoping it works

its just a lot of tabbing lol and time consuming...once you hit the download linka dn press enter tab to the accept press enter again and it should go to the download page

NOW here's the kicker, if you have IE7 and the pop up / download blocker your download will be blocked, Again, Just tab to the yellow bar that came up, this time press your I guess you can call it the right click of the keyboard button lol, should have a mouse pointer and a drop down menu illustrated on it, its the key to the left of the control button on the right hand side..lol if that make sense.... and you should have a menu of download file and whatever th eother option is, just press enter on download file and choose run Id say, saves time, or you could choose save and then you'll have ot navigate through my computer this same way lol either way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users