Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best Os For Programming

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:16 AM

Ok I am beginning programming, I am still in high school but I am minoring in computer science and majoring in Business so I am slowly starting to learn how to program, I have two computers: This one for major use, and a secondary one that I am going to use to test my programs but my ? is, what's the best O.S. to program on? I heard of people using Unix, Linux ext. what do you think?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:02 PM

Umm.. how do I put this? The OS that one chooses on really has no bearing on anything, with one exception. If you want to program platform specific applications, you need to use that OS. If you are creating applications that are cross platform compatible, then the OS doesn't matter.

#3 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:38 PM

I do C programming using microsoft windows visual studio. Only reason I use it is cause it is supplied by my university. It is user friendly, and since you are new, i would recommend it.

Edited by ryan_w_quick, 27 February 2007 - 02:40 PM.

"To do less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine

"The things you own end up owning you." Tyler Durden

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

#4 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:18 PM

Alright cool thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users