Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstall Sonic Encoders 1.0

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gzu88bv

gzu88bv

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:30 PM

On my Toshiba Satellite P 100 (PSPA6E) you will find XP Professional, Service Pack 2, IE 7.0 and MCE Version 2002 installed.

I bought the machine in November 2006 and do not understand why MCE Vers. 2002 got installed instead of MCE 2005, which is the actual version.

Question 1: How can I uninstall MCE 2002 as a whole and replace it later by the newer version? Or is it just not feasible since MCE might be part of my present O/S?

Question 2: I especially want to uninstall Sonic Encoders 1.0 from within software, but when I start the process I am asked to insert Install Exec disk #1. Toshiba however furnished me 3 Recovery Disks but none of them worked.

I did not find anything useful on the net regarding above, found your site, registered and hope as newbie that you treat me accordingly. Many thanks to all the experts on this board.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:21 AM

Sorry for the delay, was this ever solved?

#3 gzu88bv

gzu88bv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:10 PM

Sorry for the delay, was this ever solved?

No, this has never been solved. 40 people read the message and nobody
could help. Where are the profs of this board?

First, would like to know how to update to MCE 2005 or its latest version. Although
I regularly run updates within Windows XP, my control panel still says MCE 2002
that was initially installed by PC vendor. How come?

Second, Sonic Ecoders 1.0 is still installed and CCleaner did not help either to remove
it, since I am always asked for the CD that I do not have.

Thanks fozzie for your care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users