Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Keep Restarting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 H.k

H.k

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:06 PM

Hey guys i was wondering if any of u guys can help me on why my computer keeps restarting. I just bought a new powersuply and i dont think its that, and i also dont think my computer is heating cuz the temp in it is 30 degrees Celcius.

It keeps restarting like everyy 10 - 20 mins. and some times when it restarts it keeps crashing and resstarts like every minn so i was wondering if u guys can help me

If u guys dont understand ill explian in diff words. I was wondering if u guys can help me on why my computer keeps restarting.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:14 AM

Was the computer restarting before you installed the new PSU? Why did you replace the PSU? Have you checked the voltage of the different rail? Recheck your connections, sometimes things come loose when your mucking around inside the case.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 GameSky

GameSky

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:50 AM

Are you playing games that time? Your graphics card might overheat, check the temperature of your graphics card.
Visit My DA : CLICK!!!
Latest Deviation: Alyssa
Current Greetings: Wanted to find me? Circle a neko 7 times and I'm right behind you >_<...
Current Mood: Posted Image

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:24 AM

If you right click on my computer, go to the Advanced tab then select settings in the Startup and Recovery section
Remove the checkmark from "Automatically Restart" in the System Failure section.

This might give some clues as to whats happening, also have you checked the event viewer in the admin tools?
Regards,

Alan.

#5 H.k

H.k
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:52 AM

i already did that but i think its prob my video cards overheating

i play counterstirke source but it rarly crashes when im in game.. like whenver im on the internet or aol and stuff then it crashes soo not sure if its the motherboard or the video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users