Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ebay Where To Start?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kimbo3

kimbo3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:36 PM

just wondering if anyone knew abit about ebay and starting off

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:10 AM

starting off what?

#3 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:15 PM

WOOHOO! :flowers: somit i can help someone with he he, i aint no computer wizz kid but i use ebay :thumbsup:

The best place to start with ebay is to register with them...you cant bid on anything your searching for unless you've registered so look at the top of the screen and click on register option in the small blue writing above the "buy" "sell" options.

Fill all your details in in it then you can bid away.

you can also register with paypal to assist you in buying because most sellers only accept that form of payment, you will be offered this option when you go on to buy a product. somewhere near the log in sign there will be a register option again. Its pretty quick to do these days too, you just fill it out and then wait around for an automated phonecall to check your identity.

Once registered with ebay, you will have your own spot called "my ebay" which will show on the top option bar. When you are searching for items you like and select one to see further detail, you will come across "watch this item" option. If you select that it will send it to your my ebay page and will automatically link a message to your e-mail account when there are only a few hours left, even if your not logged in! COOLUS MAXIMUS!!! he he You also use the my ebay to leave feedback for the sellers you buy from.

I personally place bids at the end of the sale when there are just a few minutes left, the maximum bid DOES NOT count as the amount that you are bidding for the item at that moment, its literally what you WOULD pay most if you had to. Once you type that it will add a penny (or whatever) over the sum the last bidder placed until it reaches your "maximum".

GOOD LUCK!

This is my first advice thing so i hope it helps BYE!!! :trumpet:

#4 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:18 PM

Oh yeah, sorry i dont know much about starting a selling account, but dont be afraid to explore and click on options, as long as they arnt transaction agreements ha ha ha. If anythin goes wrong just close the window and start again in it! :thumbsup:

#5 newbeee

newbeee

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:35 PM

Just a little info, I first added a new e-mail address idenity to my e-mail and that's the one I use for my ebay account. If you're watching certain items, you'll get notices from e-bay that the bidding is about to end also notices that you bid has been excepted, or outbid on a certain item, . I also use that one for paypal. It helps me keep e-bay stuff from my personal mail and helps this senior keep her ducks in a row.
E-bays been great for me. Great prices, espically for golf clubs. Have fun :thumbsup:
newbeee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users