Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pegasus Mail Setting Not Sticking

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pbmac

pbmac

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:23 PM

Hi, I use Pegasus Mail version 4.02 and I'm trying to set up a Limited User account for general family internet use. When I switch from my Admin account to the Limited User account, and click on the Pegasus icon, everytime, it asks that I enter my POP, SMTP and email and password info into the config. I do this, close Pegasus, and when I go back in, the setup Wizard is asking for the same info again. Is this something specific to an email client, or Limited User account specific. I've recently started scratching the surface of having Admin and Limited User accounts....Any help will be greatly appreciated, and thank you for your time. This is on a XP Home machine with SP2.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pbmac

pbmac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:49 AM

Hi, It's been three days with no replies. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:03 AM

I don't have that e-mail client, so I don't know what it looks like. Is there an apply or okay button that needs to be clicked that you are somehow missing? I've made that mistake on Thunderbird before.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:17 AM

Did you install Add-ons to your email client?

#5 pbmac

pbmac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:17 AM

Are the "Add-ons" you refer to in the email client itself, IE or in the User Account setup? I've been all over Pegasus trying to find something there about this, but have been unlucky so far. I'll check again shortly. I've downloaded the up level version of Pegasus and have not installed it yet, wanted to resolve this first. Thanks.

#6 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:18 AM

In Pegasus itself I mean..

#7 pbmac

pbmac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:02 PM

No, there are no Add-Ons. I haven't done anything to Pegasus in over four years. The only things that have happened since, are updating to SP2 ( about a month ago ) and, me trying to dabble in using different User Accounts for another layer of security. I'm just trying to set up a Limited User account with email and internet, when I ran across my problem.

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:10 PM

A couple wild guesses here. Maybe you have to set up the account for the limited user through the administrator's account? When you installed Pegasus, did you install it for all users?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#9 pbmac

pbmac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:51 PM

Four years ago, when I installed Pegasus, I was not aware of User Accounts, so I assume it was installed under the Administrator account that shows up in regular mode ( as opposed to the one that appears in Safe Mode ). I do not remember being asked if I wanted to install it for all users or not. Would there be something in the Pegasus config that pertains to this? If so, I haven't seen it. Also is it possible, since the version I have installed could be older than XP, there wasn't any provision in the install for multiple Window User accounts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users