Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help To Update Display Adapter

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nomad2

nomad2

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:14 PM

I have a Toshiba A100 laptop, running Windows XP Pro and get the dreaded "Blue Screen" with a stop error: nv4_disp.dll. I have been in contact with Toshiba via Phone Tech help and website. Was advised by Tech help to update my Display adapter which is a NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 with driver version 8.4.6.8 . I have tried to find this but have not succeeded. Could you please advise where I can get the update. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:57 AM

Go to nvidias site http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp select the 3 options and download the drivers from there.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:06 AM

Just out of interest, is your laptop a Toshiba Satelite Pro A100? If so your laptop uses an ATI graphics chip see here. Scroll down untill you see the section GRAPHICS AND SOUND.

Edited by FireKracker, 26 February 2007 - 09:09 AM.

If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#4 justalice

justalice

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:44 PM

Why not try Toshiba website ? The download section should have what you need

#5 nomad2

nomad2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 06:24 PM

Toshiba's website have only got an update for ATI Radeon Express 200m display driver and mine is NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 driver version 8.4.6.8 driver date 5/1/2006. Have also checked NVIDIA but couldn't find it. My laptop is a Toshiba satellite Pro A100, with 1gb ram, 80 gb hard drive

Edited by nomad2, 26 February 2007 - 06:30 PM.

#6 nomad2

nomad2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:05 AM

Thanks for your help. I found the file I needed on the Toshiba website under satellite A100 not under Satellite Pro A100 where I thought it would be. It is the same version number as I had but I uninstalled the old one and reinstalled the new one. So far it seems O.K. Maybe the old one had become corrupted.

#7 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:22 PM

Glad you have it sorted fella!! :thumbsup:
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users