Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Run A Virus And Spyware Check On One Single Item?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:36 PM

But things keep on going wrong, the first time i did it somit messed me comp up and now i'm a bit cautious so wanna check this download out cause it had a blah blah "not verified" sign on the "run" box so...there we go...any ideas??? :thumbsup:

oh yeah its just a simple canon LiDe 30 download from the canon site.

Edited by nn23, 25 February 2007 - 07:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 EddieT.H.

EddieT.H.

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:40 PM

Use this if you want to scan 1 file
http://virusscan.jotti.org/
Posted Image

#3 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

Coool thanks, i'll give it a go...oh yeah, so that means i run it yeah?...i'm scared is there a way i can do the scan before downloading?

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:53 PM

If its software from a major manufacturer, it should be safe. the reason why you are getting warnings is because windows hasn't got around to signing the software, or cannon hasn't. what security set up do you have?
Regards,

Alan.

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:00 PM

Coool thanks, i'll give it a go...oh yeah, so that means i run it yeah?...i'm scared is there a way i can do the scan before downloading?

No you won't run it you upload it.. No harm done :thumbsup:

#6 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:07 PM

If its software from a major manufacturer, it should be safe. the reason why you are getting warnings is because windows hasn't got around to signing the software, or cannon hasn't. what security set up do you have?

i'm with AVG free adition and i got spybot and ad aware, thats really cool cheers matey!

#7 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:12 PM

No you won't run it you upload it.. No harm done :thumbsup:

why is that...the thing dunt say upload in the click box it says run...actually dont worry, i'll let this one go, such a long day, soooo much confusion on somit you computer wise ones would probably do in like 5 minutes HI LAIRY ARSE :flowers: 2 days...2 DAYS ha ha hah and i'm still no further ahhh he he, i'll get there in the end...i hope he he

Edited by nn23, 25 February 2007 - 08:13 PM.

#8 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:43 PM

I did it, it worked, i'm delighted!!! :inlove: :cool: :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

I didnt check it for viruses in the end, and it downloaded FINE! so if anyone else is wanting to down/upload canon LiDe 30 scanner drivers and software this is a reliable link

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...mp;modelid=6623

Look further up if you want a link for virus checking single files BYE! :woot:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users