Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ati X1900gt Infinite Loop Error (ati2dvag.dll)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Matt B

Matt B

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:03 PM

I really need help with this.

This has always happened to me every time I use an ATi card. This mostly happens to me when I play games on the HL2 engine.

I used to have an X700 pro, but I kept on freezing over and over and sometimes get the BSOD with the error:

"ATI2DVAG.dll was stuck in infinite loop" than im forced to reboot. Hard drive starts dumping cache, etc.

So I decided to get an X1900GT, because my old card started to show its age. But low and behold, 2 hours into the game...I froze. I can't tell you how frustrated I am because I thought this demon was gone.

Overheating isnt the issue, my computer always stays under 40 C. But when I run ATi Tool's 3D view to warm up the card, it stabilizes at 70 C, so that could be a problem.

I'm running everything on stock right now, no OC, here is my rig:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 (2.13 GHz)
MSI motherboard (945P Neo3)
1 GB Kingston value ram (667 MHz)
Sapphire ATi X1900GT
510W Power Supply
DVD-RW Drive, CD-RW Drive

I don't know what to do, and I'm desperate for answers, can anyone help me?

-Matt

Edited by Matt B, 25 February 2007 - 11:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:45 PM

This is the same exact problem that I am having with my ATI Radeon x1300. You can read my topic on this forum here and maybe some of the solutions will help you out. So far I can't fix mine :thumbsup: .
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Matt B

Matt B
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:05 PM

I have tried most of what was in that thread.

Any ideas?

:|

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users