Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 oldgit

oldgit

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 06 January 2005 - 11:54 AM

Hi, Just joined, having been introduced to RSS feeds by my son. This is a very interesting site, Congratulations!
Sincerely,
Richard (Old Git)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 06 January 2005 - 08:26 PM

Welcome to BC!

Have fun and enjoy your stay!

Hope we can help you.....

#3 touse

touse

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:17 AM

I'm a bit of an anglophile. Have to have my yearly trip to London. How's the weather there?

Welcome to Bleeping Computers from a, mmm, can you say a new git?

#4 luci2a

luci2a

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:49 AM

It was very windy yesterday, but today London is beautiful - sunny and gently breezy.
I love New York - and like to have yearly trip there - but tomorrow I'm off to Paris and Lille with my choir. It's so easy now with the train going through the Channel tunnel. Europe is very close!

Welcome Richard - sorry to hijack your thread! This is the best site ever!

Luci2a :thumbsup:

#5 touse

touse

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2005 - 07:34 AM

Hey, luci, thanks for the weather report! I think you'll find Lille and Paris very windy as well, and rainy. That is, if today's weather holds on. But I'm sure you'll sing those clouds away. Lille is beautiful. You'll love it.

It used to amaze me - not so much anymore though - that a lot of Brits speak of the continent as Europe i.e. not including themselves. Is that island-feeling still alive and kicking? :thumbsup:

Hey Richard, you get another welcome from me. After all, you are british.

touse

#6 luci2a

luci2a

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2005 - 09:56 AM

Hi Touse

Yes - the island feeling is ceratinly alive and kicking! We still feel we are going somewhere exotic when we cross the channel - even by tunnel. However, we are going to sing Britten's War Requiem, with a French orchestra, so that should create a nice feeling of partnership.
We are all looking forward to Lille, as we have never sung there, and are all taking our cameras, so maybe some pics will be posted at the end of this!
Back to NY in September for the Verdi Requiem - singing is a great way to travel!

Luci2a

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2005 - 10:02 AM

Weather was warm yesterday here. It was good I like some warm weather in the winter it gives you a break of the cold.

But thats here IN SC USA :thumbsup: I don't know about London. Hey but now you can compare the two. :flowers:

See you around :trumpet:

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 08 January 2005 - 10:03 AM.

#8 luci2a

luci2a

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2005 - 12:57 PM

We'd love to see some snow now and then - it hardly ever happens in London. We had really cold weather and snow last time we sang in NY - took lots of pics of Central Park in the snow. :thumbsup:
Coming to NY and then San Fran in April to visit relatives and younger (gap year) daughter......can't wait!

luci2a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users