Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard Stops Working At Xp Login

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 niceguyeddie

niceguyeddie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:05 PM

Please help!

My computer crashed while playing Pharoah so I did a hard reboot and when it got to the XP login page my ps2 keyboard wouldn't work. Tried rebooting a few times with no luck. Went and bought a new USB keyboard but had the same problem. The key board works fine until the login page, i.e. del works to get into bios and the F8 boot key works but the numlock light goes off just as it gets to the login. I have tried unplugging the usb keyboard and plugging it back in but still doesn't work. I enabled the USB legacy in bios but still no luck.

I'm thinking it must be a corrupted windows driver but as I can't use the keyboard I have absolutely no way of getting in to windows to do anything about it.

Please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 niceguyeddie

niceguyeddie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:24 PM

Think I've solved my own problem - usb keyboard is now working after running a system repair with XP CD. However keyboard wasn't working immediately on last login but I did notice that the hard disk was still active so I left it for 10-15 seconds and hey presto the keyboard worked. I am very suspicious that after trying just about everything else for 3 1/2 hours, it may have been a case of patience and allowing enough time for windows to recognise and install the usd keyboard.

I have noticed several others on the forums with the same problem - try this solution - it may jsut work!!

Cheers
Eddie

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:57 AM

THanks for the feedback :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic