Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Playing .wmv Etc?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kev25v6

kev25v6

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:32 PM

When i try to play some files, such as .wmv wmp11 says it cant play it even though i have the codecs downloaded. I can sometimes play it if i download it to my computer but at times i just want to watch it on the net instead of waiting for the file to download, how can i sort out this problem? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:36 PM

Hello,

If you open media player go to tools then options and open the file types tab, is wmv selected?
Regarding watching on the net, does your browser have the relevent pluggins installed?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 kev25v6

kev25v6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:19 PM

All the tabs are clicked in media player, sometimes the files will play other times they wont. Its not just limited to .wmv files, .avi files etc do not always play either.

What extra plug-ins need to be installed? Ive got Div-x, real player, wmp11, video lan, k-lite codec pack full, xp codec pack, macromedia.

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:04 PM

Those pluggins sound like they will cover most eventualities. however, regarding media player, it could be that the codecs are outdated or not working correctly try downloading http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm
Regards,

Alan.

#5 kev25v6

kev25v6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:22 PM

Thanks, ill try the download and see if it sorts it out next time i download a .wmv file. I got most of my other codecs and stuff from that site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users