Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Im Back

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:06 AM

Well I havn't been in for months and months do to ALOT of moving and even more family problems.

Right now I am in search for a new place to live. I wont go into details about why... but lets just say i'm still young and stupid... and renting from an alcoholic doesn't help any either.

I'm currently visiting family in St Mary's for the weekend, then its back to Annapolis for 3 days to pack my things. I'll try to keep in contact but I need some time to get my feet on the ground. Ill either be going to Florida for school, or I'll stay around here for a while to save up some money.

Basically things didn't turn out the way I wanted them to and talking to my family is pretty much impossible.

On the bright side: Its snowing!! The flakes are half the size of my hand! Its supposed to rain later too so that should melt it all for me making it possible to drive.

Wish me luck,
-Wlkingman

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:28 AM

Welcome again and good luck for you WlkingMan.
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:42 AM

It is good to hear from you, and I trust that everything will turn out well for you. Remember, it is better to make a mistake and learn from it while you are young, then to make mistakes that you repeat over and over again.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:56 PM

Yup, jgweed has it quite right - and mistakes are only learning experiences. How hard it must be though that "speaking with your family is pretty much impossible" - and do love that old adage that "friends are the family you choose". Wishing you the very best, Wlkingman.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,026 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:16 PM

Best wishes to you and yours,WlkingMan.
Mistakes are how we learn.. I've made a few and will make a few more
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 t3s

t3s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for your concern and advice. It is good to know that I havnt been forgotten.

You were right about my situation. I decided to join the army. I just met with my recruiter today, took a few tests and signed a few papers. I will start boot camp next month... sounds like ill have plenty of fun.

Well Its good to hear from you too, I will try to come back and help out again soon.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,026 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:00 PM

Good to see ya back WlkingMan. The service is an excellent choice. Even a career. Be safe and keep in touch man. awhn hreep laft...awhn hreep laft ...some reason these words came right back to my mind.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users