Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Computer With Vista Home Premium

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 boomer1

boomer1

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:52 AM

I just purchased a computer that came with WIndows Vista. I was previously using the HP Photosmart P1000 printer with the old computer. It is not compatible with Vista so I installed another printer I had. It is a HP Photosmart C3150 and according to the Windows Vista site it is compatible. I tried to install with the CD disk and it would not download. It states it is not compatible and it directed me to the HP site to download the software and driver updates. It appeared to install it and it shows the printer as ready but it will not print. Does anyone one know what might be the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:00 AM

HP has had some issues with printer drivers. Not long ago I saw an interim driver release there to provide limited functioning with Vista - and it promised that there would be a full release soon.

I'd suggest searching the HP site for "Vista" and your model printer to see if it turns up any significant results.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:18 AM

Suggestion. through the Control panel/device manger, right click your printer and uninstall the drivers. Now return to your driver CD or program:

For the printer drivers, when you get an incompatible error message such as the one you got, it usually means that you have to run the installation program in compatibility mode for XP. Right click on the executable and select properties, go to the compatibility tab and select to run in compatiblity mode for Windows XP (you may also want to run the program in elevated mode to give it access to protected areas of the registry and system files).
This has worked for me with two tough hardware problems.

#4 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:36 PM

Click on the Control Panel, then click on 'Printers'. Does your HP printer show up? Does it have a checkmark in a circle on it? If there are other printer icons in there, which one has the checkmark?

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users