Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rca, 3.5mm, And Speakers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:51 PM

Alright, here's a quick question anyone with a decent pair of computer speakers can help me with. Do your speakers take input from 2 rca jacks (vcr input type), or one 3.5mm(normal headphone jack size)? Now I'm not talking cheapo dell speakers you get with your computer, I'm talking real nice speakers. I've got a 50 foot 3.5mm to 2x rca jack cable I would like to use (getting computer audio farther away), and now I'm wondering if this would hook up to a regular pair of nice computer speakers. . .

Now for something (not) completely different:

This is kind of related to this topic:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82321/combine-dvi-and-rca/
I really don't think that this is going to work for me, without a receiver. And I'm cheap! I don't want to get a 100+ dollar receiver just to fulfill my fantasy of having comp video + sound on the tv. Basically, to ask my question over again, in a futile attempt to get an answer I want, is it possible to hook anything up to the tv speakers to play, and still input video, if they aren't on the same connection?

Here's an example. Say you plug your ipod into your dvd player with a 3.5mm --> 2x rca jack. You go to video in/line or whatever, and you get a black screen, with your ipod's sound playing through the tv speakers. Now, how would you go about sending video into that tv with an s-video cable, WHILE STILL PLAYING THE IPOD. That's basically what I want to do, kind of, not really. But you get the idea. . . .I hope =/

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:18 AM

If you have a stereo that has an aux. input you could use that stereo 3.5mm male to stereo RCA cable. Or you could just go out and spend forty or fifty bucks on a 2.1 speaker system by Creative Labs or Logitech. If you intend on using this for a surround sound system to watch movies, well that's a whole different system.

Or you could just go and blow about $40,000. on a pair of Pass Labs Rushmore Loudspeakers. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 T

T
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:23 AM

So the 2.1 speakers would indeed use rca jacks for input? I've looked at the backs of lots of speakers on newegg, and I just cant tell. If I can use computer speakers, I'll just move my comp speakers over when I need to, they're pretty nice.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users