Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Think I Downloaded Somit Dodgy!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:46 PM

I been tryin to get software for me scanner, me mate gave me driver download site, i downloaded. It gave me a warnin before i run it that it dint recognise somthin or other but i ignored cause i thought that sort of thing only mattered if they were tryin to suck you into their site without you requestin em...cookies in it? i think?...anyways, so NOW everytime i try to sayyyy, put an avatar in, as soon as i click brouse and me pics open my server shuts down...its been gettin wworse each time i tried again to, at first it just said "cannot find server" now it just closes whole thing straight away.

Does anyone know whats going on?

How do i get rid of this prog, cause i got a more reliable source and instruction for new thingy for scanner now anyways...i think...yeah, the dude seemed pretty wise on the subject...so there we go can ya help a poor lowly computer novice? :flowers:

hmm, yeah, just read the advice at top and so i'm adding that i got windows xp, downloaded driver for my canon LiDe 30 from this address...
http://www.useyourbrain.co.uk/Download-Dri...ANON-driver.htm

ooo yeah and another thing, i took the first thing it offered in the list of downloads?...wasnt sure if it was a list or not, i just did what it said and i came to a list at the lower part of screen, i think i had to fill somit in on the link page first before progressin onto what i'm on about now, yeee, [size=5]THANKS FOR CHECKIN IN!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by nn23, 25 February 2007 - 12:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:24 AM

:thumbsup: ok, 23 people have read this and i havnt had a reply, just wanna know if its somit about the way i've written my problem for future reference or why? Thanks bye...

#3 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:48 AM

Just for an update for all those who are watching my problem progress but dont...want? to help?...i duno, i think i'm just actin funny cause i'm scared :flowers: ...anyway, got some advice somewhere else, they said to go to download again without ACTUALLY downloading, it would tell me where the file would go, but it didnt, or maybe i didnt go far enough? maybe i should de-activate my pop up blocker again and let the "run" page thingy come up again??? Well this is my only option without any other advice, so i'll leave this here for 5 minutes and wait for someone to stop me if i'm wrong...PLEASE stop me if i'm wrong, i'd REALLLLLY appreciate it muchly :thumbsup: BYE

i lost me balls and couldnt bring myself to do it in the end, but what can i do???? :trumpet:

Edited by nn23, 25 February 2007 - 10:07 AM.

#4 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:03 AM

2nd NEWS UPDATE!

Well as you can probably tell, i am a COMPLETE computer NOVICE :thumbsup: :inlove: :huh: :flowers:
HA HA HA just realised that i should do the simplest thing first and do a "search and destroy" check, so i'm doin that and i shall update this reply if it works...fingering me crosses it does! m hm! :trumpet: :huh:

#5 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:15 AM

AAAAH!!!! :flowers: WHAT DO I DO?WHAT DO I DO?WHAT DO I DO?????? I'M REALLY SCARED!!!! I couldnt find it, the search and destroy hasnt got rid of anythin thats had an effect....alllll my browsers just close as soon as i try and stick an avatar in...as soon as i select one of my pics...they all just close auto style... :thumbsup: (laughing and crying with fear!!!!)

I'm scared because i have NO idea how serious it is or why its happening PLEEEEEASE help me....i'm probably loosing popularity points because my panic is makin me act different arnt i....is that why no-ones speaking to me?

PLEASE...ANY feedback will help! PLEEEEEASE!

Does anyone know any jokes????

#6 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:26 AM

....and cyber tumble weed rolls on by

#7 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:41 AM

3RD NEWS UPDATE

I had another idea to do a search on Winzip files cause i suddenly remembered that the canon thing i downloaded was a winzip file but even though i opened it after i downloaded, it didnt show up in my search though...curiouser and curiouser?

anybody know whats going on???

Its so quiet i can hear the air, :thumbsup:

#8 athelos

athelos

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:07 AM

Hi nn23.

I cant say much about the software you are talking about as I dont tend to use that stuff and seeing as you've posted a thread in the hardware section anyway, if the problem is to do with the software itself they will be able to fix it.

Now heres why im replying. If you think that you may have been infected with something the first thing you should do is do a couple of scans. Sounds obvious but has to be said.

Any security programmes you have on your computer, run them and see if they come up with something. If you have none on your computer download them! There is plenty of links on this site for good and reliable security. If I were in your shoes and suspected an infection I would run pandascan:

Panda scan

Its an online scanner. If it finds anything post again and im sure someone more experienced will be able to give you better help.

Oh, and by the way. Try not to reply to your own posts so much. Not everyone knows how to help and the problems can take a while to research, etc. :thumbsup:
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

#9 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:18 AM

:thumbsup: :flowers: Thankyou thankyou thankyou, your advice has beeen taken m hm...yeah, i done the search and destroy and am in the middle of ad ware and i got avg free adition virus thingy...i'll do that panda one too CHEERS!!! and i'll try and stop moyderin he he, i tend to rant when i'm nervous he he Thanks again...

Apoligies EVERYONE for my impatience and moyds, i'll shut-up from now on and stick too essentials he he...

oh, and btw athelos, when you said post again if panda finds a prob...did you mean start new topic or give a news update in this one?...i know, i know, i aint the smartest tool but atleast i ask he he.

#10 athelos

athelos

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:23 AM

:thumbsup: dont worry about it. It makes me nervous if i think ive picked something up too.

It depends. Hopefully nothing serious will be found. If it does find anything however click on the scan report and start a new topic with the name of the infection as the title. That way anyone who knows how to deal with that problem specifically will be able to see your post straight away without having to read through your post first...(if you get what i mean).
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

#11 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:26 AM

CHEEERS MATE!!!! :thumbsup:
wicked! i'm feeling very reassured! hmm, can i do that panda thing while the ad ware is running?...sorry more Q's he he :flowers:

actually its ok..just reflected, thats a moyd in it...i'll just be patient and wait for ad-ware to finish anyways, wont do no halm...i'm learning he he

Edited by nn23, 25 February 2007 - 10:38 AM.

#12 athelos

athelos

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:38 AM

I would wait if I were you. Im not sure whether it would cause conflicts or not but im pretty sure that i would slow the scans down. Better safe than sorry too. I hope you get your answers and I hope its good news.

Ben
--Charles Schultz

#13 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:50 AM

FANKIN U MUCHLY :thumbsup: :flowers: even if this dunt sort it out you been really helpful with troubleshoot :trumpet:
Nell

RIGHT!!! Panda scan....enGAge!!! he he

Edited by nn23, 25 February 2007 - 10:51 AM.

#14 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:59 AM

:flowers: OMG!!!THIS IS REDICULUS...I'm rediculus!!!:trumpet: he he just clicked and got that "do do" noise with a sign at bottom screen sayin "pop up blocker was stopped" he hehe, i cant even do a scan right :lmao:O..M..G (head buried in hands)...sorry :thumbsup:

#15 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:00 AM

Which browser are you using?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users