Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Success Story

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 atticdust

atticdust

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:28 PM

Downloaded SmitfraudFix & followed your instructions. It worked perfectly, and now, several hours later, my computer is (touch wood) still delightfully clear.

Thanks to all who had a hand in developing this solution. How could I not go from here to the 'Donate' page?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:56 PM

Hi atticdust... Welcome .. Glad to hear it's fixed. Don't forget to reset your Restore points so you don't accidentally restore back to misery...

To clear existing restore points

1.Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click System Restore.

2.Click to add a check mark beside Turn off System Restore on all Drives, and click Apply.

3.When you are warned that all existing Restore Points will be deleted, click Yes to continue.

All system restore points are deleted. Now you should manually create a restore point.

1.Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click System Restore.

2.Click Create a Restore Point, and then click Next.

3.Name your restore point. [I use the date as well as a descriptive term such as "Clean Restore Point."]
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:57 PM

Hi and :thumbsup: to BC.
Regards,

Darthy
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates