Running Disk Defragmenter in Windows XP
The purpose of this guide is to teach you how to run the Disk Defragmenter tool in Windows XP
- Windows XP Disk Defragmenter
- Double-Click on the My Computer icon on the desktop.
(It can also be found under the Start Menu.)
- Right-Click on the Local Disk(C:).
- Click Properties.
- Click the Tools tab.
- Click the Defragment Now... button.
- Select your drive.
- Click the Defragment button. Note: The Defragmentation process may take a considerable amount of time to complete.
- After the Defragmentation has completed, click on the Close button.
Please also see the VIDEO for running the Disk Defragmenter.
Edited by Joshuacat, 08 March 2007 - 02:16 PM.