Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Scanner Software

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:13 PM

Hey, duno what this is for, theres no title, so i'll just write randomness he he. ummm. REALLY would like to get this sorted tonight so i can scan some BRRRilliant pics i did in hospital after havin the master stroke plan to bull me mates in myspace to send me ideas of things to draw to pass me time by whilst ill and bored. Its been weeks since i been in and i really wanna show people the results and they really wanna see. I'm reeeaally impatient and would SOOOOOO appreciate some quick guidence off some compooter wise ones he he....just realised after postin yeah, that top bit says "does anyone know where i can download the software that i need for free? if thats possible?" although you probably already figured that he he. THANKS BYE!

Moved from the "Programing Forum". ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 25 February 2007 - 03:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:36 PM

Welcome to BC nn23
what's the scanners make and model
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2007 - 10:49 PM

erm yeah its a canon LIDE30 m hm! cool quote ermmm...."be excellent to each other" he heh eheh thats the best one i can do he heh e...unless yours was from you? would that mean you wear a toga and live on a mountain LOL

#4 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2007 - 10:54 PM

ooo and thanks alot for checkin he he he i forget me manners sometimes he hehe nice one!

Edited by nn23, 24 February 2007 - 10:56 PM.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:01 PM

try the drivers and software here that match you OS
http://alpha02u.c-wss.com/inc/ApplServlet?SV=WWUCA900

You're welcome
Sometimes I just wear swimmies on the beach :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:09 PM

LMAO niiice one!!! :thumbsup:
i'll give that a go then, no doubt i'll need more help though, i'm a complete novice!!! :flowers:
actually i think i might have already of messed somit up, but i'll see if i can fix it first BYE!!

#7 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:20 PM

uh oh, think i might of made a bit of a mess...oopsy. Well, a few hours ago a mate gave me a site for driver downloads and i got mine for me canon scanner, did it all right, and before clicking run it said somit about it not bein recognised...i thought this would only be relavent if i had not chosen it myself. its the ones that try to suck you in without you askin that are usually dodgy.. i THOUGHT! Well anyways NOW whenever i try to open a pic file to sayyyy, put in avatar the whole thing shuts down, as in "cannot find server" and end programme b*ll*x...hmmm any ideas? anybody? he he :thumbsup:

Edited by nn23, 24 February 2007 - 11:24 PM.

#8 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:33 PM

eeeeek :flowers:
each time i try and put the avatar in to see if its still happenin everythin closes quicker each time, think i need to sort this out quick, duno what to do? uh oh

k, need help findin the programme downloaded so i can delete it....hmmm, would it be demandin to start new topic?...i'll do that yee, i think this might be urgent m hm he he he writin it helps the thought process ok? he he :thumbsup:

#9 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:04 AM

Here is the Canon "CanoScan LiDE 30" Driver & Software Download Page. This may contain what you need.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#10 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:28 AM

Simple way to find the download you want to delete.

Using the link you followed to get it, click on download again. ONLY don't actually download,
just look to see where it would be downloaded to. Most likely the one you want to delete will be
in the same place. Navigate to that place, find the file, and delete it.

#11 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:19 AM

hmm, wow, thanks all! i'll give it a go... :thumbsup:

#12 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:24 AM

This has all gone REEEEAALLY pearshaped, the problem aint gone away, i tried the re-download thing done a topic about the situation in the "think i'm infected" section NO_ONE is replying...its spooky, cyber tumbleweeds rolling by.

Anyway, i go to the place where i downloaded and the same pop up blocker comes up before downloading...do i disable it again? and go further than this point to find file name?

i did a search with "a" file name that was written on the page, nothing came up, i typed "canon LiDe 30" nothing came up...so do i disable it and risk myself again...duno what to do...irrationally desperate from panic i think?

Any ideas??? jokes? anything??? :thumbsup:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users