Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi Everyone

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ^MavericK!

^MavericK!

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:40 PM

HI everyone, I'm new here. I've read lots of great topics that really help in many issues. I'm having some issues right now and I have a question, I hope someone could have a chance to help me. :flowers:

I rezised, or tried to rezise one 40 gig disk in my system with Patrtition Magic, but for some reason in the middle of the process it hogged, and gave me an error. Now this HD still has 700megs free, but it displays just some files that look like shotrcuts, because they are 32k and don't add up the 37 GIGs the HD displays, and don't open anything. I tried using file scavenger to recover this deleted files and I don't seem to get the files i'm looking for. Is there a way to get this files, or a a way to revert the changes Partition Magic did?

Also I'm trying to get a new HD, a S-ATA one, I'm trying to run both S-ATA and IDE drives in my system. Is there a special way to make the S-ATA disk the master one, the one where the PC will look for to boot, or is the process of instaling the OS the same when you have both S-ATA and IDE drives. Obviously I'm insaling the OS in the S-ATA HD.
I'm sure there is a topic about this here, but can't seem to find it.

Thanks for the help.

:thumbsup:

Mav

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:50 PM

Really all you would have to do is make sure the sata drive is specified as the boot drive in the bios. Should be under boot options, or something like that.

Try pc inspector for the lost files, its under the freeware section here.

Also, this may be kind of obvious, but you don't know how many people get sata drives without checking if they have a sata supporting motherboard. Just make sure your motherboard supports s-ata before you get one :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#3 ^MavericK!

^MavericK!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure my MoBo supports S-ATA, actually this is my MoBo. But I'm curious bacuase I'm going to have 3 IDE Hard Drives and a S-ATA drive, and someone told me that when actually installing the OS you have to get some .ddl's or something to actually make Windows install this in the S-ATA drive.

#4 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 10:37 PM

Ah you must be talking about sata drivers. Perhaps this will help:

http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how_do_i_...ows_xp_on_a.htm

Good luck!

Posted Image

#5 ^MavericK!

^MavericK!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for the link, very interesting :flowers:

I still have the question of the HD I corrupted with Partition Magic, actually it's wierd the fact the HD seems full, but I can't see the files, and even with File Scavenger, don't seem to see how I can recuperate this files, at least as they were before.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

:thumbsup:

Edited by ^MavericK!, 25 February 2007 - 05:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users