Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Supernet Sign Up

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 harry m

harry m

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:31 PM

i have tried several time's to delete supernet sign up (which you have to pay for ) and it will not delete
i do not need this prog; as i will never use it and would like to remove it how do i go about , please make it easy . this is my first question so i hope i have done it right :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:56 PM

Does it appear in Add/Remove programs? Have you tried to uninstall it from there?
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 02:43 AM

Try uninstalling it in safe mode.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 harry m

harry m
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:26 PM

hello all supernet sign up is not in add or remove and it is not an add on , it came with the pc and come's up on start up , i tried right and it did not work .
the only place i can find it is in file's , as i said , they want you to go to them but you have to pay for the service
it is not a threat but i see no reason for me to keep it
and how do you start your pc in safe mode , i'm a 61 year old novice and only at this for 2 year's and what ever i know i taught myself

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:16 PM

Here is a step-by-step tutorial for starting in Safe Mode for various operating systems: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

Once you are in safe mode, navigate to the pesky file and delete it. It should work. Let us know how this works or if you have further questions.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 harry m

harry m
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:18 PM

:thumbsup: before i try safe mode , SUPANET is not in file's and i found it in window's programmee's , i have been to their web site , and as i said they want you to pay for useing it . i can take it out from there do you think it would be linked to anything else , i open it up and it do'es not seem to be

#7 the geekfreak

the geekfreak

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:30 AM

When you start your computer and the popup appears look at the bottom of the screen, and you will see the word 'Status' with a small Supanet logo next to it (the letters SN). This is what they call the popup.Close the popup, then go to START, SEARCH, then type 'Status' in the search.Select all files and folders, then search. When the search is complete look for the logo you saw, and then right click on it and delete it. Next empty your recycle bin, and then restart your computer! (Don't delete anything else on that search screen, just the one with the logo you saw). When you restart your computer - volila! the popup is gone!' Unquote

#8 harry m

harry m
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2007 - 06:40 PM

:thumbsup: thank you the geekfreak i did as you said and it went and then i went into windows c drive file's and opened supanet and they did a search and could not find it , so it will be safe to take those out as well i take it :flowers:

#9 the geekfreak

the geekfreak

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:24 AM

if your absolutely sure you wont be needing it again then yes. by all means delete anything to do with supanet,,however i would recommend doing a system restore point before taking such action just in-case.
i don't foresee any problems but computers are funny things.
glad it worked for you as i know how much of a pain it can be having something pop up when u don't want or need it too.
regards

#10 harry m

harry m
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:46 PM

:flowers: thank you again supanet is away gone for ever :thumbsup:

i hope i hope i have the same success with the next question i post :trumpet:

0 user(s) are reading this topic