Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Battery

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vancreef

vancreef

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:29 PM

just got a new laptop the other day and as yet i haven't used it on the battery. i just have it plugged into the mains all the time. my wife asked me if it was ok to leave it plugged in all the time and to be honest, i don't know. what is the best thing to do? it will be rarely used out of the house and was purchased as a second computer, because of the amount of time my wife spends on the desktop in the other room. i have looked at this on the net and some say it is fine to leave it plugged in all the time but others say don't do it as it will over-charge the battery and it can explode!!!
any ideas guys?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:26 PM

Hello

What make of laptop is it? some are more stable than others. I had my laptop plugged into the mains all the time. that is until the adaptor broke. I would imagine that it is perfectly safe to leave it plugged in as long as the battery is removed and the lapotop is well ventilated.

Hope this helps
Regards,

Alan.

#3 vancreef

vancreef
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:13 AM

its a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3405. it is well ventilated but i don't take the battery out. i thought it might just charge when needed. like a mobile phone, you can use it while it is charging and when it is fully charged it stops charging.

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:21 AM

Its a very similar concept, but the laptop will always be discharging its battery even at 100% charged it wont do noticible damage, but the laptops battery will stay on for shorter times as the battery is worn out.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users