Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:29 PM
just got a new laptop the other day and as yet i haven't used it on the battery. i just have it plugged into the mains all the time. my wife asked me if it was ok to leave it plugged in all the time and to be honest, i don't know. what is the best thing to do? it will be rarely used out of the house and was purchased as a second computer, because of the amount of time my wife spends on the desktop in the other room. i have looked at this on the net and some say it is fine to leave it plugged in all the time but others say don't do it as it will over-charge the battery and it can explode!!!
any ideas guys?