Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Whats The Safest Place To Download Music?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:02 PM

The safest, cheapest or free would even be better. Where can I go. Limewire screwed my computer up badly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:24 PM

Anyone? Did I maybe put this in the wrong section?

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:44 AM

P2P is never safe, due to the fact that you are retreiving files from unknown parties. Furthermore it is against the forum rules to supply information on locations where and how to download copyrighted content.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:16 AM

There are many reputable music companies with sites offering music for downloading at a reasonable price, as well as indie bands that distribute some or all of their music for free.
The use of P2P for downloading copywrited music is both illegal as well as very dangerous; as Fozzie has mentioned, many of the files either by design or by accident contain malware.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users