Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uber Lag In Battlefield 2142

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 12:24 PM

So here's the deal. I purchased Battlefield 2142 and it is a sick game. I'm playing it on another computer of mine (AMD Athlon 2.1GHz, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon 9200, XP Pro SP2) and for some reason whenever I play it on this computer, the game loads fast, the menus are all fine, but when I get into the multiplayer game, it takes a good 30 seconds for the menu to load so i can choose my spawn spot. On my sis's IBM ThinkPad, it takes less than 1 and I have no lag. It's the kind of lag where its not stop for a long time, than warping, it's you move once every second and NOTHING is workable at that speed. Honestly, it's quite frustrating because I can't always use my sister's laptop and my main computer (specs in sig) is out of commision (updating hardware, waiting for RMA's on everything :thumbsup:) So I'm stuck with nothing but uber lag. Does anyone have a fix for me?

Note: All settings are turned way down and I have minimal applications running. Also the game is entirely up-to-date.

Regards,
TheYoda

Edited by TheYoda, 24 February 2007 - 12:26 PM.

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:23 PM

What size of servers have you been attempting to play on and where abouts are they ... as in , are you on a 64 man east server which is likely located in new york or VA
or are you on a 48 west server that's in LA

or is this on every server lol,

#3 TheYoda

TheYoda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:57 PM

It's on every server and on single player. It's frustrating :thumbsup:

And also. After I disconnect from the server and look at the history, the latency is in the red when before it was green.

Edited by TheYoda, 26 February 2007 - 03:58 PM.

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

#4 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:15 PM

Multiplayer I could say it was ping reltaed, even if its not try resetting your modem etc and emptying out all possible files that you don't need, such as temporary internet files etc

what are you graphic settings etc at, And are they suited for what you have

Note: its been like 2 months since I last posted so bear with me ;p

#5 Fremder

Fremder

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:39 PM

One question, are you playing the game on a laptop?
You will not like me if I'm angry.

#6 TheYoda

TheYoda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:43 PM

All settings on everything turned down, and no this is on a desktop. I resolved the issue already, it seems my video card didn't cut it for this game. Thanks for your responses :thumbsup:

Fremder: Btw (looking at your sig) Gears of War has to be the sickest game for 360. The graphics are sick and I <3 shotgunning locusts. Apparently none of my other friends had this, but did you get nightmares from the berserker (who apparently is a she)?

Edited by TheYoda, 27 February 2007 - 06:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users