Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Removing Spydawn

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bigchrisfl

bigchrisfl

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:59 AM

My puter was recently infected by SPYDAWN. Now when I logg on I have these pop-ups that come on before I can do anything else. Both are telling me I have been infected. I have run Norton through & all is clean.
When Iam gaming on tribes V then game will minimize & the popups will appear this is very annoying. Help me please.
C

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:49 AM

Read this: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer

Then post a Hijack This log at this section of the forums: HijackThis Logs and Analysis
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 10:55 AM

Removal guide for Spydawn If that doesn't function please follow Terrorisat's suggestion.

#4 Mona128

Mona128

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:29 PM

fozzie - I want to thank you very much for posting the Removal Guide for Spydawn. It worked so well and so fast on my laptop that got infected by the pesky Spydawn spyware/adware. It took me all afternoon trying to find a way to get rid of it--unsuccessfully, until I registered with bleepingcomputer and found your posting. SMITFRAUDFIX.EXE works superbly. Thanks again. -Mona

#5 Geese63

Geese63

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:31 AM

I had a recently renewed subscription to NAV(Internet Security 2007). I called and got India for tech support. They wanted $69.00 to get rid of the Spydawn malware. When I mentioned that I wouldn't pay any more dollars they offered to lower the fee by $30.00 (still in India by the floor sup Steve, Uh huh). I declined, and Googled "Spycawn Removal," and got bleepingcomputer.com. It took less than 30 minutes to get rid of the pest. Thank you for that. Now, what I need is to make good the threat that I would take ten customers from Symantec. I have myself and my immediate family to take at least five. I leave it to the rest of you to stay away from a company that can't provide the protection they purport, and demand extra money to do the job their product is supposed to do. Thanks...

#6 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:23 AM

Glad to have been of help :thumbsup: .. In order to remain clean please read this guideHow did I get infected in the first place
and this guide on How to prevent Malware prevention.

As far as Norton is concerned many of them ( including me) consider Norton a resource hogger, taking away a lot of "juice" out of your compute. If you check our freeware section there are a lot of , highly praised , free alternatives. Check my sig for the programs I use. You will also find the link to the freeware section.

Be aware that , unfortunally, Norton can not simply be removed. Please read this excellent tutorial how to remove Norton products.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users