Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Malware Infection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dallasman

dallasman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:06 PM

I had a spydawn infection download to my computer. I did not know about this site until I did a query on google but I had already bought and downloaded the spyhunter 2.8 software to try to rid my computer of this nasty thing. I was able to get rid of alot of spyware files and cookies that were hidden but the system alert is still on my bottom taskbar and I cannot get rid of it. Is there something I am missing? I actually paid for the spyhunter software ($29.99) and hope that this program is not a sham but I thought that it would get rid of this system alert too. Need some help to get rid of this little nuisance.

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sjpritch25

sjpritch25

• Security Colleague
  • 911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:50 AM

Welcome to BC :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, spyhunter will not completly remove Trojan Zlob.

Please download HJT setup.exe Here
Let it Place Hijackthis in C:\Program Files\Hijackthis
Open Hijackthis.exe
Click on Do a System Scan and Save log file
Don't Fix any Items!!!
Just copy and paste the contents of the log file to your reply.

===========================

Open Hijackthis, Click Open the Misc tools section Then click the Open Uninstall Manager... button.
The Add/Remove Programs Manager panel should appear.
In this panel click the Save list button.
Save the uninstall_list.txt file to your desktop and copy and paste the contents back in your next reply.
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security--2007-2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users