Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Open The Ports For Azureus And Shareaza

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 blackwarmanga

blackwarmanga

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:11 PM

Hi, I come here as my last hope. I've been fighting with this problem for 2 days now. Tried everything. Now let me explain in detail

Suddenly, after I turned on my PC a couple days ago, I noticed that both Shareaza and Azareus were not being able to connect. I have 3 firewalls, the one from my router (motorola SBG900), my Windows XP firewall buil-in (SP2), and panda Titanium. Now, normally I only have the Panda one activated, the other two are OFF. I have Azareus and Shareaza in my list of connection permissions for Inbound and Outbound in the Panda Titanium settings.

Still, I cannot connect. I even dissabled the Panda firewall, tried the Xp and my router ones, allowing manual access for the ports that I have selected for both Shareaza and Azareus. i.e. Shareaza port is 6346

Now, here is the weird part. I have tried to turn off ALL the firewalls, the three of them, and still, I cannot connect. I don't mind much about Shareaza, but Azareus, come on.......

PLEASE, some help, As I have stated, I've even tried to add the ports manually, but still, I can't connect....

Everything was OK a few days ago, I haven't installed anyhing new. This just happened suddenly. I've even tried to use system restore....still, no luck.

But I can use the Internet Explorer, and download things normally, but I REALLY NEED a torrent client. PLEASE HELP!!

PS: I've followed the Shareaza guides for manually configuring the port acces in my router/firewall. I've added the ports successfuly, but, I still cannot connect.

Edited by blackwarmanga, 23 February 2007 - 09:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:20 PM

Have you done this for
Azeurus
and Shareaza

tips for Panda firewall

tips for Windows firewall

Edited by fozzie, 23 February 2007 - 09:22 PM.

#3 blackwarmanga

blackwarmanga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:39 PM

Hi, I already had tried the 3rd and 4rth link, I already had added the ports and everything.
the only thing I had't tried was setting a static IP address. but I CAN'T!!!
I tried everything the link says I need to do. Even the DNS servers numbers are correct. I can connect to the web, but cannot display any webpage, and, once again, cannot connect to azareus or Shareaza.

So, any ideas? I really followed the 1st link step by step....

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:49 PM

will this help?

#5 blackwarmanga

blackwarmanga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:57 PM

Thanks Fozzie, but that is the link I am having problems with. I followed every instruction, but at the end,the static IP address doesn't allow me to browse the web or anything. I checked the DNS server numbers (wich, according to that link are the information most likely to cause problems) and they are correct. I don' have any idea why the Static IP addres doesn's work....

#6 blackwarmanga

blackwarmanga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:42 AM

ok, I have managed to set an Static IP address, somehow, but I had to mix the knowledge of several websites (one site always tell you something other doesn't) .

I have port forward correctly, set my firewalls the way they should....But Azareus still doesn' work. I;ve even turned off all my firewalls, and still cannot connect.

I only have 1 router, A Motorola SGB900, and followed the instructions. for portforward. WHAT ESLE CAN I DO?????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users