Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"clear History" Button In Ie Takes Forever To Respond

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 diggledoogeydo

diggledoogeydo

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:17 PM

I actually use the "Cleaner" utility to purge history in IE but has anyone else had this experience? When manually clearing IE data, It can take up to 15 seconds for the clear history button to come back from grayout. Curious as to why this happens (even when there is no data to delete) and how can it be fixed. My concern is that there is if there is some corrupt file in IE that makes the system hang, then gives up that may be bogging my system resources. I've tried reinstalling many times, deleting all *.dat(s) in all the IE folders.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 23 February 2007 - 08:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:19 PM

Have you tried a tool called ccleaner?
http://www.ccleaner.com/
Regards,

Alan.

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:23 PM

Ccleaner is a good tool for cleaning up your computer. Stay away from the issues button if you have no experiance with registry cleaning. To be absolutely sure klick options than advanced and tick "prompt for backups "than run the cleaner. Also make sure you update it before running it.

#4 diggledoogeydo

diggledoogeydo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:23 PM

I will give it a try. Thank you.
Also Thanks for placing topic in proper category.

#5 diggledoogeydo

diggledoogeydo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:56 PM

Hey I tried CCleaner. Great program but did not eliminate the big bog wait problem when I click clear history. CCleaner does look like a good maintainence program provided like you guys said that you know your limits when modifying the system registry. I always back it all up before I make an changes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users