Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frustrated With Network

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ugglyfoot

Ugglyfoot

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:06 PM

My little home network refuses to kick in. Could somebody be so kind and coach me?
I have a cable modem, a router, two computers, a printer and a lot of cables.
I tried the XP wizard and it didn't work, I also tried Network Magic from Pure Networks, to no avail. Right now I connected puter #2 directly to the cable modem, but if I go through the router, nothing, zilch, niente, nada.
I loaded the router's CD too, no success. What's the problem, please? :thumbsup:
Puter #1: (Gateway)Athlon 1.4GHz -640MB - 20GB HDD+5GB HDD -XPPro-SP2 - Cable
Puter #2: (Dell)P4 2.4GHz - 512MB - 40GB HDD - XPHome-SP2 - Cable

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 919263

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:22 PM

My little home network refuses to kick in. Could somebody be so kind and coach me?
I have a cable modem, a router, two computers, a printer and a lot of cables.
I tried the XP wizard and it didn't work, I also tried Network Magic from Pure Networks, to no avail. Right now I connected puter #2 directly to the cable modem, but if I go through the router, nothing, zilch, niente, nada.
I loaded the router's CD too, no success. What's the problem, please? :thumbsup:

Please provide the router make and model?
Also what version of Windows are you using on all the PC's?
What knid of cables you have?

#3 Ugglyfoot

Ugglyfoot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:41 PM

Thank you for answering my desperate call.
The router is a Siemens SpeedStream 2624, the cables I'm talking about are ethernet cables because the router doesn't have USB port. The OS are now in my signature. Thank you again for taking up my plight.
Footsie

#4 919263

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:01 PM

Thank you for answering my desperate call.
The router is a Siemens SpeedStream 2624, the cables I'm talking about are ethernet cables because the router doesn't have USB port. The OS are now in my signature. Thank you again for taking up my plight.
Footsie

Look at this site, it has the setup guides and the latest firmware.
http://kb.efficient.com/display/1/articleD...amp;r=0.5089228

let us know if this worked.

#5 Ugglyfoot

Ugglyfoot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:02 AM

Sorry but the link you gave me didn't work. I figured out that you are sending me to the router's configuration page, a major job. Before I start fidgiting with the router, I would like to ask you if any router would need an initial configuration or some don't. I'm asking because I have a few routers at hand, maybe I can use another one and avoid this whole shebbang. Thank you.

#6 919263

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:19 PM

Sorry but the link you gave me didn't work. I figured out that you are sending me to the router's configuration page, a major job. Before I start fidgiting with the router, I would like to ask you if any router would need an initial configuration or some don't. I'm asking because I have a few routers at hand, maybe I can use another one and avoid this whole shebbang. Thank you.

Sorry,
Go here:
http://kb.efficient.com
Click on Legacy Products and then 2600 Routers.

Some of the low end routers like the ones that are sutable for Home user do come with the pre configs....the setup process is indicated on a Quick Setup Card.....
You stated that you have quite a few of the routers, please let us know what all brands you have so that more help can be provided.

For the Router in question, try this first, you might have to upgrade the firmware and the site also has the setup instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users