Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

?Templates?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Ataryu

Ataryu

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 25 June 2004 - 12:16 AM

Ok, I have alot of experience in HTML although I havn't used it in a while :flowers: and photoshop and flash and such programs. Well I do design sites for friends and such rarely, but I do, and the only they can insert pictures and such onto there site is by me telling them how to do it using HTML. And I no it is possible, but I was wondering if anyone knew how I would go about making a template, or like...where they insert information in a text box, and hit enter, and then it is put on the site. Kind of like a webpage generator, but the page is already generated. I would like to be able to do this with regular html pages, and with flash...but im stumped....Im sure it could be done with javascipt, but I have no knowledge of java...and I was just wondering if there was an easier, shorter way. Maybe like a program that did something like this...or someone to I dunno...explain...lol....ummm...help...hehehehe :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2004 - 03:45 PM

Our Free wysiwyg web editor for HTML and SVG.
Features include:
    * 100% drag-and-drop editing
    * DTP style interface
    * Pixel precision object placement
    * Exports to HTML and SVG
    * Completely Free

IMS Web Dwarf
I used this some years ago to do a few web sites and it works very well for beginners.

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#3 Ataryu

Ataryu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2004 - 03:57 PM

I hope its what im looking for thankyou :thumbsup:

#4 Ataryu

Ataryu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2004 - 04:40 PM

Aaarg, no I don't need an HTML editor or generator, well not in those terms. Just a way for, we will say a client of mine. To add information and pictures to there website over the internet using a user friendly interface. And when they hit submit, it automatically changes their webpage and its updated. I just don't know how to do this...lol. Sorry if I wasn't clear :thumbsup:

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:53 PM

Microsoft Frontpage may do the trick for you

#6 Ataryu

Ataryu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:25 PM

Hmm...know of any freeware???

Edited by Ataryu, 25 June 2004 - 10:53 PM.

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:37 PM

I unfortunately do not know of any freeware. You may want to go to www.sourceforge.com and do a search for webdav. They may have some free frontpage compatible clients that can be used.

#8 Ataryu

Ataryu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:42 PM

:thumbsup: Hmph! Well then, what is webdav?

#9 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2004 - 12:32 PM

Distributed Authoring and Versioning on the Web. A proposal from an Internet Engineering Task Force workgroup for a mechanism to support collaborative development of Web pages.

It allows for the connection to the website and for the modification of content by multiple people in an easy manner

#10 Ataryu

Ataryu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2004 - 12:37 PM

Oh, I see. Thankyou, I will try it out :thumbsup:

#11 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 09 July 2004 - 04:36 PM

Nvu is an open-source wysiwyg editor. It's supposed to rival Frontpage and Dreamweaver. http://www.nvu.com/
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

#12 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 July 2004 - 03:59 PM

This is the one I am using right now! It's free and it's more likly what your looking for!

http://www.evrsoft.com/

#13 Ataryu

Ataryu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2004 - 02:17 AM

.......lol, I use that to if I use an HTML editor. But thats still not what im looking for........and I kind of gave up looking for it, so its cool ;)

Thanx

#14 chiefmasterjedi

chiefmasterjedi

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:20 PM

Hi Ataryu,
I know exactly what your after, but i too am unsure of how to accomplish this. I use Frontpage 2003 to manage my web site, but it's only me that needs to edit it. Does the website in question have a data base, if so maybe there's a PHP script that could do the job, where the user can just log in and upload through their browser, a bit like an administrator of a forum, i can do nearly everything on my forum just by using my browser, might be worth a quick search!.
There must be something out there that could do the job. Most sites guest's books are just plain HTML but rely on SSI's to generate the info onto a page, so maybe there's some sort of work around with that too..........you could set a password for a plain page with the guest book entry form on it (so your editors could privately add context) then have the the main page people browse to set as where that context is displayed. Just an idea.....don't know how you would make a whole site from that though :thumbsup: .

If i find something on my travels i will post back,

Chief.

EDIT>>> i just found something while searching for scripts click here , This may not be what your looking for, but the rest of the site may hold something.

Edited by chiefmasterjedi, 01 August 2004 - 10:40 PM.

#15 Ataryu

Ataryu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 01 August 2004 - 11:09 PM

Thanx for the reply ;) Im glad someone understands what im looking for. I will check out the link you provided.

Thanx :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users