Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 parko

parko

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:19 AM

Well ive got one here for ya!
My PC has a set of audio plugs in the back, and then a green and red one in the front.
Whenever i plug the headphone into the green socket in the front,
it plays out the headphones and does not play out the main speakers!
That is until . . .
The green audio jack suddenly broke off and dissapeared!
Real Bummer, but i thought 'yeh i can get by just using the back plug', right?
wrong! it still registers that the headphone is in or something and wont play out the main speakers!
soo i was wondering if theres a way to tell it that theres no headphones in or something??
If i crank the main speakers up to full, i can faintly hear music!
ive already tried uninstalling the Realtek sound driver and that so yeh!
THANKS!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:01 AM

When you state it broke off, are you referring to the the jack port in the case? If so you can open the case and unplug the jack port from the motherboard. This may also require you to unplug the mic port that is right next to it, since it is not uncommon that two share a common plug to the motherboard.
You need to open that case anyway to make sure the plog does not rest against the motherboard and short the motherboard out.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:16 AM

I would take Aklan's advice as fast as possible. That broken piece may move around. If you can look at the back of the socket, having opened the cas, maybe the piece is still sitting there and you can poke it out. If so, there would be no need to unplug the device.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users