Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Reinstall Xp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:57 PM

to simplify my dad's computer is screwd up. I have tried to reinstall Windows when I boot it up it goes through some of the process but it says no hard drive has been found, the hard drive I have is s SATA drive. I got into the RAID COnfiguration Utility and do a "Low Level Format" and will that reformat the drive so taht I can do a fresh clean install on the computer? Please help! :-) thanks
Danny.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:07 AM

You may need to load third part drivers for your RAID drives. When the Windows XP setup program starts, several messages flash on the bottom of the screen. One of them is "Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver". You will need the drivers for your RAID device.

Read this Microsoft Article

#3 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:08 AM

after pressing F6 will it do the process for me? or do I need to load a floppy drive/ cd?

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:31 AM

You'll need to have a floppy disk with the drivers already in it for Windows to load. Such a disk may have been included with your RAID controller, or you can look on the manufacturer's website for a downloadable version.

Alternatively (if, for example, your don't have a floppy drive) you can "slipstream" the drivers onto a new installation disk. Tht's a bit complicated to expain, so let me know if you want the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users