Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Fan Replacement Available?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 XxDelirium504xX

XxDelirium504xX

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:13 PM

The fan on my video card (ATI Radeon 9600XT) has started making a lot of noise. At first, gently tapping the fan would stop the noise, but over time it has stopped working. I called around trying to find a company that could replace just the fan, but I've been unsuccessful. The most anyone was able to offer me was an upgraded cooling kit for my card. The problem is that I have a Shuttle Box, so the clearance between the case and the card is less than an inch. Can anyone recommend a fix for the problem? A company perhaps that could replace the stock fan piece? The only identification on the fan is XK-II Cooling DC Brushless Fan 12V 0.06A ZP.

Thanks,
Timm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:36 PM

Your local computer store should have a plain jane 20cmX20cmX7cm fan in stock. It should run $10
just make sure and bring the old one along so you can match plugs.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 XxDelirium504xX

XxDelirium504xX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:58 AM

Wonderful, thanks for the advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users