Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Dell Inspiron Notebook Has Problems With It's Shift Key.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 explanans

explanans

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:21 PM

Hello

I have a Dell Inspiron 1100, I sent it to a guy to fix some software problems, when he returned it some keys were not working, the 2 and some other one. So, I sent it to a guy who works in Dell support who lives near my house.

He said that he had to clean the keyboard, but that it was working fine now.
But some weeks after that both 'shift' keys started to fail.
Know I realized that if you press SHIFT+0+ANYKEY that key works with SHIFT. But that doesnīt work always anyway.
And some other times, once in a while, shift starts working perfectly without any ''asistance'', but not for long.

I live in a poor country, and need to travel soon, I donīt know if I'll be able to pay a new keyboard :thumbsup:

Help me, this things are too expensive in this third world country! XD
You know... less wage, more expensive prices.

Will I have to get a new keyboard? Is it possible for me to fix it or to send it to someone able to do that?

Thanks you,

G.

Edited by explanans, 22 February 2007 - 12:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:40 AM

I would suggest you post your question here

#3 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:56 AM

You can test the keyboard by plugging it up to another computer. That's your best bet in testing the keyboard, to know for sure.

If the keyboard is faulty, there is no need in trying to get it repaired. The repair cost will probably be as much as you going out and buying 5 or more keyboards. If it's bad, you just have to buy a new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users